How'd it go today?

Yoy know, having to deal with incompetents is probably the worst part of running a business.
So rant on, Frans.
Most of us know where you're coming from.

Sounds like a bad business Frans, bringing in other peeps can be risky, takes stuff out of your hands, hope you don’t lose the clients

I just passed on a crane job yesterday because it's been so long since I've done one I don't really have the contacts to pull it off with confidence. Too much risk for bringing in a bunch of unknowns.

And I finally got my new truck in the garage. Had to trim the antenna about 5" and had just over an inch clearance above the cab. Part of that is because I got a 4wd this time and part is because the new trucks are FREAKING HUGE!

Attachments

• IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 36
Your final accounting proposal to the crane guy sounds like you channeled the old Frans and Skwerl at the same time. Too funny.

What a cluster. I hope you don't lose the gay guys and that the llamas are okay.:)

And sorry... But I can't help it stories don't get much better than that...gay guys, cranes, and llamas.

Stig... Cool on that feller buncher. Adapting, evolving, excellent. Very cool what a good reputation brings your way.

Great News Stig.

Frans... yeah sucks. I can't stand fake ass fallible talkers...

Mick... funny...

Brian... Congrats on new truck in garage...

Two climbers on my crew both broke bones in consecutive days on their skateboards... so yeah. Lil Fuckers.

You would of thought that one would’ve learned from the others mistake

Sucks about the crane fiasco Frans. Don’t feel to bad. I swear I hear circus music in my head when I get to the shop every morning

And my day was easy. Dead spruce first thing. Easy peasey cut and toss from the bucket. Noticed a leak in the rotator valve though, so really no profit today as I’m guessing at least a grand for the part, plus time. Hit three more uprooted spruce shortly after. Had to climb one to bring it down below the primaries. Finished up to beat the rain at one. Had a good lunch at a local place and then got home to find three extra children in my house. Still pouring so I’m hiding out in the basement sipping beers.

Last edited:
Rich, if it's an Altec the seal kit is less than $150 I believe (inflated price for a bag of O rings). My guy down in Sarasota will change it out for $600.

Terex Brian. This was on the truck I own. I’m not into the rebuild of it as the last two at work haven’t held up. They were done by a certified company. We no longer use them either because of this. I’m pretty sure there is no core charge so I might attempt a rebuild to have as a spare but I’m not sure. Really not a big deal either. Should’ve took an offer I had for the truck last fall. Besides the normal inspection stuff, things are starting to wear out.

Tree billy, Rich. My name is Frans. Not Fran.

It is a Dutch name because my father is Dutch.

Fran is a female name. I am a proud member of the MALE gender. I have zero confusion about my MALE gender lol

Sorry sir. Must’ve made a typo. I worked with a Francis who we all called Fran and that could’ve crossed into my typing as well. Now that I know you’re part Dutch, I will be worried. I really try to avoid a Dutchman at all cost.:D
Fixed now

I accidentally type in Justine for Justin all the time and have to fix it..... :/:
Sux what you went through Grand. Incompetence and lack of common sense can get my blood boiling. I've packed it in a couple times. Just apologizing to the client, like I got sick or a bad feeling and rescheduled.

E'f that crane guy I'd send his ass a bill anyways then send it to collections after thirty days.

I spent the last two days on the mini doing a lot clearing tearing out buckthorn and dead fall at a buddies five acres and have about three more days in there.

Two climbers on my crew both broke bones in consecutive days on their skateboards... so yeah. Lil Fuckers.

The good news is they have a cool hobby. Bad news is they are hurt!! :whine:

Back