How'd it go today?

Mobile deposit or even better, etransfers, around these parts. A good half of my jobs I never see the custy, all done by text or message and epay.

No it's ok Husqy's prefer to be in the woods working, avoiding the lime light.
Our orange gear stays in the dark, cold steel box until it is called for, def. avoiding limelight. Glad you know how to spell the abbreviation, for sure. That's how I've been doing it for years, at least since some other orange store has trotted out the Husky tool line, "The Toughest Name in Tools." Pffft, indeed.

Generally speaking, I like accuracy, but in this case I don't mind having a low post count. Quality over quantity, after all. (You won't find me replying a "+1")

That is pretty much why I wear a simple black belt with no stripes or other junk on it.

Out walking on a regular Sunday walk with the wife and Igor (on a lead) passing through a little hamlet where a large mastiff type (Dogue de Bordeaux) goes nuts in the garden, manages to slip under a fence and goes for Igor, I manage to pick him up before he gets to him but he jumps and somehow breaks the skin on Igor’s ball bag, he’s OK. Bleeding has stopped, seems undamaged.

Usual story, everyone’s fault but theirs, blah, blah. Gave the owner a piece of my mind, told them they’d be getting a vet’s bill and a visit from the flics.

The dog is owned by a woman no more than 8 stone, incapable even of pulling it back into a tiny garden.

They also have a Husky.

Dumb muthafuckers.

And you know what really pisses me off? not one word of apology.

SMH. Glad he's ok.

I'm a big time dog lover but in cases like yours itta be nice to beat the dog senseless if you had a club, baton, or walking stick.

That sucks Mick. Not sure how it works there but where I live, I’m responsible for my critters if they cross property lines or into public areas. Hell, even if they’re on my property and someone trespasses, it’s a hell of a fight to not hold me responsible

At my anniversary cabin, they had a nice friendly dog with a sideways growing tooth, off to the outside of his mouth. Apparently he was a cow chaser since a pup. One cow didn't like it and kicked him in the mouth. He still chases cows (maybe with a bit more caution), but has a crooked tooth to show for it.

I assume dogs are like sharks -- a blunt blow to the snout turns them back with no lasting damage to either party. I haven't had to test this theory yet, as they usually catch my vibe that I will kill them if they charge my children!

Sean, all I was interested in was protecting my dog, if a dog that big actually got hold of him it could be curtains in seconds, before I could have intervened.

People with tiny gardens, who clearly cannot control dogs like this do my head in, like getting a puma or a bear.

Attachments

• E7D631A5-F92E-4BD6-9797-07D80FFCBF59.jpeg
    E7D631A5-F92E-4BD6-9797-07D80FFCBF59.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 36
Not a question for you, Mick. Glad it was not worse.

My roommate accidentally let the other roommate's (blmd-affected...balding, little-man disease) pitbull push past him. The dog started to maul a shar-pei/ something mix being walked on a leash, by a frantic woman right in front of the house. It was a yell from my roommate as warning, and the pitbull was out for blood, on the shar-pei mix in about a second.

I got bit in the middle of it. Shoulda just started kicking my roommates' dog, rather than get bitten on the hand. When pulling them apart, one turned around and nipped me, IIRC the pitbull.

BLMD roommate had a Harley and a jacked-up pick-up. Probably so endowed, he was tripping over his own...

BLMD roommate blamed everyone else. Never an apology. I'm not a violent person, and I wanted to slug the BLMD roommate. The guy in my room in that house before me had beaten the shit outta BLMD roommate, I later found out from roommate #3, which was likely due to someone running their mouth who shouldn't have. I moved out the next month.

My friend has been charged by the uncontrolled dog while running.

I've seen stray dogs, or dogs on leashes that people walk right past children, like mine, and I say to myself, do I 100% trust that unfamiliar dog that is right around little kids' face level.

My young nephew had to get stitches in the eyelid and ear from the family beagle, which I understand from my brother, who found out after the fact that they will try to dominate kids.

I've always wondered what a well-placed boot the to face or side would do to to a charging dog.

Nothing much unless you are a real good kicker and it is a small dog.
It is like kicking a pig.
Bet bet is to slip a hand under their collar if they have one and twist.
Cuts off the blood supply to the brain and renders then unconscious in about 10 seconds.
I've broken up two bad dog fights this way with great succes.
3rd time I tried I managed to choke the dog out but got in the way of the teeth.

When I volunteered as a tracking dog judge, one of the other judges I worked with, had been attacked by a German shepherd and killed it that way.

We finally ended out run away logging camp job.
Got the numbers today.
Instead of the 1800 cubic meters we had agreed to log, it ran to 3200.
With the extreme heat ( Not extreme for most of you I guess, but record temperatures for here, so extreme for us) we had to work in, I didn't expect us to have made out very well.
Turned out we'd done OK.
Not great, but OK.
So we've just let the guys know they have a $1500 bonus coming each, which we can pay out in such a way that the IRS can't get their greedy little fingers into it.

I wrote out the single largest bill, I've ever sent, today.

It has been such a bitch of a job, good to have it over.
Not bad enough to need sutures, but still bad.

Doesn't make sense. It takes a master archer to hit a beer can at 60 feet.

Just pulled in home after a couple days at a music festival down in Ohio with our band...had an awesome time but it's good to be home

back to work for the week and then on the road to another OH show on Sat.

Attachments

• gun creek at Van Wert.jpg
    gun creek at Van Wert.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 32
  • gc3.jpg
    gc3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 32
Rich, I just returned from Van Wert and we'll be in Paulding, Ohio Flatrock festival 9/21 (oops, it's on Friday:|:) It would be great to run into you again sometime.

Jim, there were some video cameras going, but I didn't get connected with any of the owners of them.

Yes, Otis goes with me...he's very well behaved...still shy of people and prefers to spend the majority of his time in the camper (and the air conditioning), but we hang out outside for several hours when there are less people about. He did really well being out with me while the band was hanging out at my camper...they all know to just ignore him and he has a bit more confidence. He still son't leave my side and has the need to sit on my foot or lean against me, but at least he isn't trying to run away from visitors now..:lol:..such a long, slow process building confidence...

Attachments

• Charlotte 2016.jpg
    Charlotte 2016.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 31
Back