How'd it go today?

Took a day off from logging and felled and chipped a Port Orford cedar in a yard.
Easy little job.

Then spent the rest of the day turning 3 rolls of chain into 20" and 25" loops.
Should see us half way through logging season.

Watch out for guys like that, Stig. He remembers more about you than you do. My friend, Jon, who I ran around a lot with in our 20's will say, "you remember that girl...." and start with a story that I had forgotten. My wife looks sideways at me and I give Jon the "you're gonna die" look. He just smiles...bastid.

I would've re-posted the Beech vs. MS462 pic if I could find it on the board. But it's not in the MS462 thread; probably buried in the Work Pics thread somewhere... Miserable "Advanced Search"!

Up here a 25' roll is referred to as a quarter roll and 100' a roll. I'm doubtful it's different elsewhere. Stihl, Oregon both use this sizing.

The good news Jim is I've been driving it for a couple of days now and it's working. May have gotten lucky for now.

A roll of chain is a 100'. Atleast as I've always known it.

Thats what I figured too. Making loops out of 3 full rolls?? That would last me probably rest of my career.

Speaking of chain, Ive always used full comp, Id like to switch to semi skip, anyone looking for some full comp? I haven't measured it but probably have 50-75'.

I think Jim is referring to the 'chain' unit of measurement...:)

So yesterday we managed to avoid getting scammed...we had put our little camper on GumTree for sale, within 10 minutes had two contacts saying they wanted it, full price, give then our name address and bank/paypal details...they can't come and see it, they can't call because wow, so coincidentally, they have very busy high powered jobs and can't get away...will send an agent to pick it up after the money gets to our account...wanted as a surprise gift for 'cousin' 'family'...neither would enter into or refer to discussion about optional extras...no, want it now, full price, bank transfer...
My spidey sense started tingling, especially when one that has sms messaged me blocked a return sms...

I almost fell for it, but thank goodness had the presence of mind to pause and say, hey wait a minute...as well as the old adage when you are buying/selling your stuff to insist on face to face or direct contact of some description.
Both attempts got me to switch to email, didn't want to use the website message system, the language was off, grammar, flow, and when both of them used the same tactics, and the pressure started coming that they really wanted it and the money would be transferred immediately as soon as they got our details...yeah NO!

They try to get your email, address, name, and then either bank details or paypal/bank stuff...I dodged a bullet, reported the whole thing and their email addresses (gmail so no bets that those accounts are gone now) and GumTree confirmed it is a scam. Bastids

Happy ending though, we sold it a few hrs later to someone down the street! Cash.

Agents of SHIELD would intercept the middleman, cable tie him and sweat out who the scammers were. Then send in a team to remove that threat forever.

I like Agents of SHIELD.

More storm work, after getting the kid off to school.

Trying to keep up and catch up. Maintenance. Oil in engines. Sharp chains on saws.

I spent most of the day in the hospital having a lot of tests done.
I've signed up as a guineapig for an experimental treatment, so I'll be closely monitored before, during and after.

The nurse that has been assigned to me for the duration is an extremely sweet gal.................a bit of a silver lining:)

Once home I figured I'll need some reading material if I'm going to spend so much time in the hospital, so I ordered 10 books from a used book site in England.

I love books!

Books are good. Especially fine nurses are even better :). Best of luck, brother.

Back