How'd it go today?

Good luck with the knee Pete, don't rush things with it.

Customer pays dump fees.

Ha, people still say "but the tip is free" so I carry the price booklet with me and they still don't really believe it.

Not sure of the current price per ton but it was $275 around Christmas, I didn't hang around when I saw the new minimum charge. That's at the transfer station, there's no landfill tips in Sydney it's all sent miles away. The other one I found grinds everything up for garden compost, not very well known last year but word gets around quick so he's put his prices up from $8 to $20 a cubic meter for chips and $40 for unchipped.

I really don't know where others tip, there was a lot of illegal loads being dumped but they've really cracked down on that. The place where I used to dump my chips banned nearly everyone years ago, only a few long time guys like me were allowed in there. Lots of adds for free chips around FB and local papers.

It's $35 a ton where I live now and local still whinge, makes me laugh.

Those dump fees are very high but it's a cost that is simply passed along to the customer. We're still at $8 per cubic yard here for chips and/or logs. We try to use the ChipDrop App as much as possible; that's only $20 per load and we can often find a site close to the job.

On a side note, I've heard Australia's recycling program is a fiasco. Any insights from someone who lives and works there?

Took out a small cotton weed leaning over a condo got there at 10:30 drove away and 12:15. Took the rest of the day off. Thunder and rain today so I'm staying home with the girls.

Rain gear!!!

Rain gear, sweating under rain gear, getting wet without rain gear...

Some days I really have a hard time making it out the door were trying over the line of quality applicant who want to work in 50" of cold rain a year. High 30s and rain in December might be your Christmas present, naughty or nice.

You don't notice the rain much when you're tweeking... Keeps you from overheating.

Funny story about that. I knew the guy who had it before I got it. He owned a tree farm/nursery down the street from me. When he sold the business several years ago, he let me know he was not going to renew that plate. I applied for it the day after he turned it in. 8)

Cool truck. I see you are like every dodge driver I see around here. Trailer mirrors folded out with no trailer. :P. But I guess that's what you have to do when your mirrors don't power extend like a Ford. :brows:

That is a real nice looking ride. Just giving you the razz a little. 8)

Re: the mirrors. I got so accustomed to having them folded out when I was pulling a trailer that they were disorienting when they're folded in. So I just leave them out now. My 16 year old daughter does not like them folded out. I'm teaching her to drive and she thinks she's going to take out mailboxes and street signs.

I heard from a coworker who has a brand new dodge 1/2 ton that they get some pretty impressive mileage. I think his is a six cylinder and maybe even cuts out cylinders at times if I'm remembering right?

I rented a Durango for my trip out west last year that cut out cylinders at stoplights. With a full tank the display was telling me over 700kms til empty. I loved that ride. A far cry from the 2003 POS Grand Caravan I drive but beggars can't be choosers.

Today is day 10 on my knee rehab

Good luck with that. I must have missed it, how did you hurt it?

Beautiful!
Love the plate too, !

:thumbup:

Re: the mirrors. I got so accustomed to having them folded out when I was pulling a trailer that they were disorienting when they're folded in. So I just leave them out now. My 16 year old daughter does not like them folded out. I'm teaching her to drive and she thinks she's going to take out mailboxes and street signs.

Back