Page 6205 of 6307 FirstFirst ... 5205570561056155619562036204620562066207621562556305 ... LastLast
Results 62,041 to 62,050 of 63068

Thread: How'd it go today?

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

I think Jim is referring to the 'chain' unit of measurement...

So yesterday we managed to avoid getting scammed...we had put our little camper on GumTree for sale, within 10 minutes had two contacts saying they wanted it, full price, give then our name address and bank/paypal details...they can't come and see it, they can't call because wow, so coincidentally, they have very busy high powered jobs and can't get away...will send an agent to pick it up after the money gets to our account...wanted as a surprise gift for 'cousin' 'family'...neither would enter into or refer to discussion about optional extras...no, want it now, full price, bank transfer...
    My spidey sense started tingling, especially when one that has sms messaged me blocked a return sms...

I almost fell for it, but thank goodness had the presence of mind to pause and say, hey wait a minute...as well as the old adage when you are buying/selling your stuff to insist on face to face or direct contact of some description.
    Both attempts got me to switch to email, didn't want to use the website message system, the language was off, grammar, flow, and when both of them used the same tactics, and the pressure started coming that they really wanted it and the money would be transferred immediately as soon as they got our details...yeah NO!

They try to get your email, address, name, and then either bank details or paypal/bank stuff...I dodged a bullet, reported the whole thing and their email addresses (gmail so no bets that those accounts are gone now) and GumTree confirmed it is a scam. Bastids

Happy ending though, we sold it a few hrs later to someone down the street! Cash.
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

Student of the Jedi Sponsor treebilly's Avatar

Good deal bermy. Bad thing is they get away with that. All stolen info.
    -Rich

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Agents of SHIELD would intercept the middleman, cable tie him and sweat out who the scammers were. Then send in a team to remove that threat forever.

I like Agents of SHIELD.
    Gary

Captain Zero! Sponsor FireFighterZero's Avatar

Hate them sunsabitches.
    There are but two seasons. Winter, and preparing for winter.
    Jim

More storm work, after getting the kid off to school.

Trying to keep up and catch up. Maintenance. Oil in engines. Sharp chains on saws.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

Quote Originally Posted by stig View Post
    I spent most of the day in the hospital having a lot of tests done.
    I've signed up as a guineapig for an experimental treatment, so I'll be closely monitored before, during and after.

The nurse that has been assigned to me for the duration is an extremely sweet gal.................a bit of a silver lining

Once home I figured I'll need some reading material if I'm going to spend so much time in the hospital, so I ordered 10 books from a used book site in England.

I love books!
    Books are good. Especially fine nurses are even better . Best of luck, brother.
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

I just watch the boob tube and nod...

Passed....officially RN now
    a society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

Right on.

Congratulations!
    Deyr fÚ,
    deyja frŠndr,
    deyr sjalfr it sama,
    ek veit einn,
    at aldrei deyr:
    dˇmr um dau­an hvern.

Congrats!
    "The mind is the limiting factor." ~Robin Brown, aka Brownie