How'd it go today?

It's a long bed, with a quad cab, but i have to climb up in there to get tools and run leads and stuff, not to mention I'm trying not to scratch anything. My old boss had a long bed, but he cut the frame off right behind the axle so he would have the long wheelbase but easier to turn around. Brand new truck lol, i don't have that card in the deck yet!!!

Lol i almost cried the first gravel road i had to go down lol. The standing joke at work is that the traffic flaggers need to set up a perimeter around it hahahahaha. Wayyyyy to nice for the likes of me. Now the inside of the bed is actually getting dented and scratched, but it is completely unavoidable doing any work. I'll get some pics tomorrow if i remember.

You put on ladies clothes when it snows? ...how...um...interestingly unusual...

:lol:

lol too at the global warming crack, Brian. Weather is changing up big time here, just like I think it is pretty much everywhere. But it's all good, nothing we can do about it and in no way are we having any effect on the planet whatsoever. :|:

You put on ladies clothes when it snows? ...how...um...interestingly unusual...

:lol: well played sir, well played....

Do they not use the term drag up in Michigan tho? I thought that was pretty much part of the English language. This will be the first winter I about 5 years I've worked outside or at all, been nice to hang with the family all winter.

Do they not use the term drag up in Michigan tho? I thought that was pretty much part of the English language.
I'm not familiar with the usage, and I've lived all over the US over the years. Fiddler's usage wouldn't have immediately come to mind, either -- but then, that's for sure not my gig!

drag n
1 the action of pulling something forcefully or with difficulty: the drag of the current.
• the longitudinal retarding force exerted by air or other fluid surrounding a moving object.
• [in singular] a person or thing that impedes progress or development: Larry was turning out to be a drag on her career.
• Fishing unnatural motion of a fishing fly caused by the pull of the line.
• archaic an iron shoe that can be applied as a brake to the wheel of a cart or wagon.
2 [in singular] informal a boring or tiresome person or thing: working nine to five can be a drag.
3 informal an act of inhaling smoke from a cigarette: he took a long drag on his cigarette.
4 clothing more conventionally worn by the opposite sex, especially women's clothes worn by a man: a fashion show, complete with men in drag | [as modifier] : a live drag show.
5 short for drag race.
• informal a street or road: the main drag.
• historical a private vehicle like a stagecoach, drawn by four horses.
6 a thing that is pulled along the ground or through water, in particular:
• historical a harrow used for breaking up the surface of land.
• an apparatus for dredging a river or for recovering the bodies of drowned people from a river, a lake, or the sea.
• another term for dragnet.
7 North American informal influence over other people: they had the education but they didn't have the drag.
8 a strong-smelling lure drawn before hounds as a substitute for a fox or other hunted animal.
• a hunt using a strong-smelling lure.
9 Music one of the basic patterns (rudiments) of drumming, consisting of a stroke preceded by two grace notes, which are usually played with the other stick. See also ruff4.

"Drag" here is part of the vernacular...colloquial for men dressing in women's clothes.

from a google search:

INFORMAL
an act of inhaling smoke from a cigarette.
"he took a long drag on his cigarette"
clothing more conventionally worn by the opposite sex, especially women's clothes worn by a man.
"a fashion show, complete with men in drag"
short for drag race.
INFORMAL
a street or road.
"the main drag"
HISTORICAL
a private vehicle like a stagecoach, drawn by four horses.

:lol: well played sir, well played....

Do they not use the term drag up in Michigan tho? I thought that was pretty much part of the English language. This will be the first winter I about 5 years I've worked outside or at all, been nice to hang with the family all winter.

I've not heard it used before...guessing it refers to rear or undercarriage blades. It's usually push, plow, or removal when when attached with snow.

I'm not familiar with the usage, and I've lived all over the US over the years. Fiddler's usage wouldn't have immediately come to mind, either -- but then, that's for sure not my gig!

You need to get out more bigboy. One night partying with Ed and you'd have your horizons broadened I'm sure. :D

ha...drag king was a new one on me.

then again, I'm still not sure what them transmission people actually are...

Back