How'd it go today?

I will report back with what the guy does with it.

Funny how things go. A couple weeks ago I put my trap out first time to catch a raccoon. About a week ago I did a chimney cleaning for a trapper. What are the odds of that? He described in detail how to set/bait my trap and expressed interest in the pelt if I had no use for it. So I figure I may as well support his business as he's already supported mine. I've got no use for a raccoon dead or alive. My gut instinct was like yours Cory to drive him into the boonies and give him a chance. But when I researched it it's first off illegal here and secondly just putting a raccoon problem onto someone else nine times out of ten.

I've already researched too this isn't baby time for coons or nothing. No risk of leaving little ones unattended to suffer or nothing like that and I'm sure the trapper will dispatch this one as humanely as possible.

Looks pretty cute in the trap but I should've taken some pics to the damage he did to two of my cats. Didn't know if they were going to make it. Tore up real good.

I shouldn't be razzing you about it, Justin.
I trap wild cats here and I sure don't do a transplant and release thing with them.

Some animals are pests. Depends on the situation. I like/need barn cats in order to keep the mice, moles, and voles at bay. I have four of them. All neutered and spayed. Besides the raccoon eventually going to be killing one their shit is super unhealthy to have around. Can be very dangerous for humans I read.

And the fact they are living under my chicken coop. I really can't believe there hasn't been a chicken slaughter yet.

We have an estimated 3,5 million feral cats in this country.
That is half as many as we are people.

On the other hand, there are 8 times as many pigs:|:

I was about 8 and had trapped my first coon.

I called an old trapper and asked him how to skin the tail out.

Every time he sees me he asks if I have skinned any coon tails out lately.

Apparently my Samsung thinks coon is a dirty word......

Thanks. I'll make sure to remember that.

We don't have them, even though there are millions in Germany.
The so called "rabies belt" keeps them out.

I will report back with what the guy does with it...I've already researched too this isn't baby time for coons or nothing. No risk of leaving little ones unattended to suffer or nothing like that and I'm sure the trapper will dispatch this one as humanely as possible.

Good on you for doing due diligence.

Raccoons will come back.

We painted one orange once and released him down in the valley about 8 miles away.

About a week later he was back in the trap.

Good anecdote, Jim

Kill em all Justin.

No need to justify it.

This is the bad, Montana hick FFZ speaking. The hick that every wild place that is no longer wild (idk, NYC and suburbs for example) used to be full of. The kind that thinks nature is endless, and shoot whatever moves.

Justin shows a close up pic of the creature, you can see the wisdom in it's eyes. And knowing the planned probable outcome, it's like looking at someone's face in line at Auschwietz. Hey, if it's marauding J's coop, yeah you gotta do some business. But Idk, a little compassion might be in order, simultaneously

It's like that pic FFZ posted last week of the coyote he shot that was trying to pull some black magic on his dogs- hey you probably know a lot about coyotes, you own 1000s of acres and they live on your land. And if they are a real threat to your dogs, then you need to do, and did, some business. I just don't fully understand the picture posted though. It seems to show no respect for an amazing creature.

No, not really callous.

I will protect my property though.

You guys never take pictures of big, gnarly trees that you kill?

You know the ones that could easily kill you if you screw up? The ones that you have to take care of because others can't?

Do you kill trees for the hell of it?
No?

I don't kill animals for the hell of it either.

I kill trees because I get paid to do it.
Lots of them.
I post pictures of them, too.

So I guess I shouldn't point fingers at the coon killers.

Back