How'd it go today?

Sean, it was on a down slope. Only escape route was down with the tree, save spending a lot of time clearing tall under growth.

MB, I sure do have a big shot, tall undergrowth snagged the line way too many times.

Dropped the work car off at the dealer shop today. Went in for an oil change and check the non functioning AC. Got a call an hour later, rear brake pads are well worn and so are the rotors plus my 2 cabin air filters are plugged. I said that seems a bit odd considering the car is only 2.5 years old. He said its cuz of the high mileage. lol, its got 53,000 km on it, but since work pays for it, I said make it so. I would NEVER take my own vehicle to a dealer. I don't trust them at all.

Meebees, but I had enough of debating with a pair of legs under a car with the boss of a backstreet garage.

I’m happy to talk to a service manager over a desk at a main dealer, prices are fixed, and it worked out cheaper in the long run.

I have been with the same mechanic for about 30 years. Spent the first 2 or three years of visits standing in the bay doors with my arms crossed. In all my time he has never screwed me over, hoping he doesn't retire in a rush!

Went like shit. Mowed a bunch of brush so we could continue doing a hazard tree contract and afterwards walked with my guys to come up with a plan. Got stung by one asshole yellow jacket. Ended up at an urgent care with chest pains, shortness of breath, and dizziness. I’m now the proud owner of epi pens. What a wasted day because my body and some little bug decided they can no longer get along.

And the battery in my wife’s suburban crapped out. One day I’ll get ahead. Oh well tomorrow is another day and it will be better

Bee allergies suck when you make your living outside :^(

I finally got to use my Alaskan mill. Didn't go as smooth as I'd have liked. Spent about 4 hours I think, and I got two 2"x~14"x~10' ash planks for my trouble. My first slab I took off I didn't go deep enough, and everything came apart, and my chain hit the ladder. Had to buck a couple feet off the end, and sharpen the 114dl chain :^S

I didn't have my auxillary oiler hooked up, and when I went back to the office to get a part I needed, I noticed my wingnut to adjust flow went missing, and I couldn't find it. Leaving the vent sealed helped a bit, and while the oil was heavy, it didn't all just pour out. Had a couple other minor failures with the oiler. I'll have to give that some more thought.

Getting over some back issues anyway, and running the mill kicked my ass. That 661 is a hell of a saw in more ways than one. It'll chew up some wood, but guys that sling those all day every day have my respect. Nothing is easy on it. Taking the b&c off is time consuming, it takes a long time to sharpen, and it seems to gain weight as the days draws on :^D

Still have some more to mill off the log, and a couple smaller logs that may end up as firewood. Have to see how the mood strikes me. All told, it went ok I guess, but I'm a bit less excited to drop one of those big oaks, and turn them into boards.

20190827-154721.jpg

Any pics Jim?? :D

Ix, I mill with an 088. Winch helps me survive. I do have an 066 mill, winch there too.

I sharpen with the mill together.

I was gonna sharpen with the mill assembled, but when I hit the ladder, the chain partially derailed, and I wanted to inspect under the cover. The second time I sharpened it, it was after breaking it down for the day. I'm using rm2 chain. Very pleased with the performance.

Rich: You WILL get ahead. Keep yer head up.

Ixsklir: Some good lookin white Ash boards. Mad jealous. I respect guys who can even RUN a saw-mill.

Beautiful day over here. Had a really nice Fir too. Doesn't hurt to putcha in a good mood. Beer's also good too now and again.

20190827_114518.jpg 20190827_114510.jpg

Back