How'd it go today?

I still don’t know much, I’ve literally gotten three texts from him since Monday, and I’m damn sure not going to bug him! I know his dads been in a bad state, cancer, so I’m assuming that’s a large part.
I’m just waiting for the fallout so I can help pick up the pieces.

Finally got to spend some time with him tonight. Story is she sent hubby to take the docs out and shot her self with his pistol. Everyone is messed up.
He got to laugh and relax, but the flip side, he got my stories. Right or wrong, There’s two sides.
He got to relax and enjoy life for a while, I seriously think he has a GREAT woman to stand behind him, I think he’l Be alright.

I took my oldest daughter to the Phantom of The Opera in Milwaukee and got a backstage tour from the Phantom himself who just happens to be old friends with my brother. Good time!

It was the rigging on the set was very impressive. My girl was a trooper almost made it through the whole thing without complaining but she made it till the bitter end.

I spent the day in the hospital.

Man, they did quite the job on me with the first set of chemo.
Killed off all the baddies, but whacked the hell out of my bone marrow, too.

Now the've postponed the second set for the 3rd time.
My blood count is so low, especially the red cells, that my oxygen intake is like I was living and working at 12000 feet.

Ever tried to run saws at 12000 feet?
Hard as hell.

I can only do half days and even so, I have to sit down on a stump once in a while to get my breathing under control.
I'm constantly out of breath.

They said that if it became completely intolerable, they give me a blood transfusion, but I'd rather avoid that.

I got the feeling this is going to be a lot harder than I thought it would.

It is not macho stuff.
This is the beginning of the whole thing.
If I just give up and lay down now, what is it going to be like later.
Also, at my age, it is pretty much use it or lose it, so I'll keep doing as much as I can.
Otherwise, when it is ( hopefully) over, I'll have to train myself back from scratch.

I've stopped doing Karate for now, whatever energy I have goes into working.

I take a day of when it gets to be too much, and spend that on the couch with a book.

Maybe, it’s your illness after all.

The impression I get is that you willfully ignore common sense by continuing to work hard to the detriment of your treatment.

I understand why you do it, it renders it less serious in your mind, just a passing thing, and you’re worried you’ll never restart again if you take a pause.

But if it adversely affects your recovery (and I’d be interested in what your doctors think) it’s a fools game.

If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but I said it anyway.

The docs say I should do as much as I can.
Me working has nothing to do with how fast my bone marrow recuperates from the treatments, according to them.

They told me at the beginning, that they expected me to be able to work, at least some of the time during the ½ year, the treatments take.
I did tell them that it wasn't exactly an office job, I was doing.

So I'm positive that I'm not doing anything wrong by working as much or little as I can.

I'm cool with you saying it, nice to know that you care.

I ain't hitting a lick at a snake - drawing full disability. No more work for me. I sleep my first week after chemo.

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time, Stig. Didn't you say you went with an experimental treatment? If so, do they have any history or track record that gives them, and you some idea of what to expect?

Almost every chemo patient is doing a "experiment." I am, too. It just means they are trying something new on you.

Watched them "experiment" on my Mom for migraines for many years...:(

Put money down on new furnace today...install scheduled for Friday.

Glad for you Dave.

Wasn't sure if I had posted this.

Couple days ago....

AYShknF.jpg

Maybe he's happy because he just got dropped off from school, and how cool is it to be met at the bus stop by a SNOWMOBILE, and get to ride home with Dad like that!!!!

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time, Stig. Didn't you say you went with an experimental treatment? If so, do they have any history or track record that gives them, and you some idea of what to expect?

I did, but as luck would have it, I drew the short straw and ended up in the control group, getting the traditional treatment.
So they have plenty of experience with what they are treating me with, but Butch is right, each patient reacts differently.

They'll give me a reduced dose next time, then maybe I get less miserable.

Well, I got a call today from the guy who bid my furnace…wants to install on Monday ’cause I got my end of the paperwork & payment done…ummm….lady who took my money told me Friday when I paid…now they are behind so he wants Monday…I’m not happy but I’ve run businesses before and so just told him OK…hoping my current stock of propane holds out.

Back