How'd it go today?

I got some buddies out I'm Spokane that keep telling me i should go out there. Sister worked in Seattle for a bit as a traveling nurse

I might one day, wife has a friend in Montana we should go see sometime, might just do a multi stop thing lol.

Don't tell me you're a liquid sunshine kind of guy Deva. I hated getting soaked everyday on the coast. Hated it. Did it for money but still, sucks getting soaked all the time.

I'm heading out to go truck shopping. The lease on my 2016 Ram 2500 is ending next month but my friend is itching to buy it from me NOW. I'm thinking I might downsize just a bit. I don't really need the extra towing or payload capacity any more. The Rebel 1500 looks nice.

2019_ram_rebel_1.jpg

Drill tested and climbed a very hollow-butt, but narrow=topped cherry over two sheds. Very vertical loading. I could see the tree changing its attitude depending on which side I stood. Popped a top, popped about 4 millable logs, and the butt log from the ground without hurting anything. Then chunked down some maple trunks, ready for ground felling with preset pull ropes. Moved equipment out. Solid 8 hour day, solo, no faffing about. Nonstop motion. Six miles down the road from me.

Besides the cherry, I'm taking deodora cedar logs for milling. Really stockpiling.

I climbed a huge Deodar his week, over 100 yrs old, historic property...I had to trim some lower branches for clearance...thankfully the owner said 'err on the side of more rather than less', she said it would be grown back in a bout two years!
I always have a 'moment' before working on old, established, cherished historic trees...a combination of: how lucky am I, a keen sense of responsibility to do the work properly, and a bit of oh shit, don't mess it up!

Wine tour on the Niagara (US) trail with the bowling league today.
Rather than prizes for top bowlers, all funds were spent on a party bus rental, brunch, booze, and winery tours. Should be fun, hope the chow is good.

My uncle called last night and invited me to go fishing for a few hours today. Hit the water at 6 am and done by 9:30. He caught two nice large mouth bass and I had nothing. He apologized for the fish not biting. I said not to worry, first bit of real relaxation I’ve had in a long time. Haven’t really done anything else all day. Wife and kids are out at a birthday party for my cousins boy. I’ve been mowing the lawn for the past four hours. I stop when I get thirsty. Almost done and almost out of beer

Back