How'd it go today?

Finally fixed the 150 and 193. I went to change the plugs, but thought why not remove the spark arrestors while I'm at it. They were completely plugged with carbon. The symptoms: if they would start, they wouldn't rev up.

Now I just need to know what adjustment to make for when the engine dies when quickly letting off the throttle. I'm guessing richen the low speed?

Too wet to do tree work here today; going to do some sheetrocking in the attic to make some usable space there (used to be a ballroom when it was first constructed!).

Plugs looked good, a little dark and moist from flooding when trying to figure what was wrong, but they looked good. A 201t is the one now acting up with stalling issues.

I disbanded and passed on to a guy I know who's done me a bunch of solids over the years my snow plowing business. I feel relieved to have dealt with that now. I only ran two trucks, so one I will sell and the other I will keep as a winter heater and to plow my own driveway. This will be my first winter in ten that I won't be tied to the weather.

I've been training all week for my new position for the upcoming weekend. It's going very well, I've got a really good guy training me and three days in he pretty much just checks in on me now and then. I believe this week will be my 'block' of extra days and for the next three weeks after I'll only work my two weekend shifts and still receive a full 40hr weeks pay. Pretty sweet setup IMO, a two day work week. The way it works is one of my four days this week combines to my two 12hr weekend shifts to equal 39hrs I think? But the company tops it up to 40hrs of pay, then my other three days from this week are banked and one is used per week with the two weekend days to make a 40hr week. So it looks like I can work one six day week and then three two day weeks/month. I'm really stoked about this setup. :)

Thanks everyone. I just found out last night I have to do one more week of training before it all starts. I'm running the thing on my own already and my trainer just checks in but I guess two weeks of training is what they require for the big dryer. That'll help boost my confidence, get some more time under my belt before not having someone who can rescue me. There's a lot going on to keep things flowing. I'm already learning the numbers and running very efficiently. On my training yesterday and last night our shift had the highest fill rate which is how the infeed efficiency is measured. About 98%full on average. I've hit 100% once and running in the 99+ a lot. But 99+ is really hard to do, can't miss any sheets. Again it's a matter of most of the other operators just don't care. Whatever, I'm cool with being the best. Lol.

ill ace this spot in no time.

My shift supervisor is a bit of hard ass/card. He swung through the operator station to see how the training was going and I said, 'well you see the numbers'. To which he replies, 'yes 98% = 2% operator error'. :lol:

Well done Justin, you?ll make employee of the month soon I?ve no doubt!

Waste wood pile status...big!

Attachments

• 3AD9E0B1-DE5F-4FFC-B079-832872412F30.jpg
    3AD9E0B1-DE5F-4FFC-B079-832872412F30.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 36
You're lucky to have a good tip spot. Saves loads of work.

I've started filling up my work space with logs and just brought 10 yards of rakings from the 11 dead and dying tree removal project. Burning starts again in about 3 weeks, precipitation allowing. Site looks good. Think I've got that HOA locked-down. Good sized development with a lot of greenbelt.

After working two years out of 0.25 acres, including the house/ garage and shop, to now having 1/2+ acre of work space, plus house/ barn/ rental spot with tiny house (not mine), and wetland, its such a relief and so much easier.

My friend will skid a couple bigger logs and load up the big wood remaining with his kboom. Better to hook up a friend who hooks me up, than make a bit at the mill...he has some friends in financial need of firewood, with lots of young backs to buck and split delivered logs. Goes around, comes around.

My other friend will pick up the remaining small wood that is hand-loading size. He has the vinyl ready to cut signs for my trucks. Just have to work up the details on 'copy'.

Got the stump cut down. Two trunks all the way to the flare, one of which split higher, for three total leaders.

Happy to wrap that up.

Back