How'd it go today?

Thanks! And as to the "quick"....I have a regular case of the can't-be-stills, and with it here at the house, I can work on it all I want...

Hot one today, but I got the end rafters cut/hung and got the rake wall sheathed, all but one piece in the lower right corner, which I can get later. Wouldn't have been difficult with help, but solo, it's rather slow. Going to be a high ceiling over the stairway, so I two-pieced those rafters for strength. Got the upper set cut and hung.

rOxbfL7.jpg

K1bclDK.jpg

Labor Day

2 jobs slated today. First was a tall, lanky Siberian elm, about 45' high. Drop-n-chip in a nice suburban neighborhood. But it was in the front and we could lay it diagonal across their driveway so as to not have to shut down the street. About a 2 hour job from start to finish. While working on cleanup, our presence on the main cut-through street attracted the attention of a passing pickup truck. The man asked if we could stop by his place next and take a look at a tree he wanted removed. Estimator ground the stump on the elm, then boogied over to take a look and secured the job. Since we're in the neighborhood, why not go knock it out? A river birch and a bush to be removed, as well as front bushes trimmed. As we got started, the neighbor across the street came and flagged me down. "Is that a stump grinder?" Sure is. He showed me a year old 12" maple stump and asked if we could grind it while we were there. Well sure! Nothing like picking up 2 extra jobs to fill out a "light" Labor Day schedule.

Dumped at the concert amphitheater, just had to re-route around the main gate due to a police barricade -- some kind of event going on there today! Final job of the day was a silver maple, removing a diseased, fungus laden leader. No rigging necessary, just climbed & pieced out. Leave the firewood, chip the brush. Done in about an hour.

Fire I believe.

Our arduous test is a 45 pound pack over three miles in 45 minuets or less.

Yup. My last one, at age 54...pulled 42 min. 12 sec...not too bad for an old fart, but still my slowest time ever.

I was well towards needing the hip replacement at that point, and did so 4 years later.

Somebody plug that kid in!!!

Hey Jim, I found a nice bass for your next Batman cover band gig!

only three grand...

Attachments

• 40666690_1512378995528234_1054415510550085632_n.jpg
    40666690_1512378995528234_1054415510550085632_n.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 26
3 jobs today; turned into 4. All pruning/trimming jobs. First one I raised the crown on a large sycamore over a deck (still needed climbing due to deadwood further up and a few more higher limbs tipped back). Next job was crown raising & thinning on 4 swamp maples and crown clean, roof clearance, and lower deadwood on a honey locust (yowch!). Next job was almost a clean slate for landscaping -- take out about 20 bushes & shrubs, then stump grind. Neighbor saw & liked the work, had us do some similar removals and shaping for him. Light sprinkles at time, but the rain held off through the working day.

Back