How'd it go today?

I hope I'm not a fool for acting early. Been atleast a few weeks now of heavy smoke, but the last week has definitely been the worst.

You're a fool. No offense. (I'm a fool about somethings, too)

If you think you can just keep hitting your thumb with a hammer repetitively with the force that hurts 1 out of 10, you are damaging your thumb. There is still a pain signal for a reason. Keep thumping your thumb once a minute, and see what happens in a week.

Cartridge respirators are sooo cheap compared to lungs. Anything you filter out is better than nothing. They are so useful around the house/ job, on rare occasions, kinda like other PPE.

We blow out our machine radiators and change air filters because the 'lungs' of the machine can't breathe because of particulates. The machine doesn't run as designed.

Got the LVLs bolted this morning, and the front wall sheathed.
gDh7TmK.jpg

Also got truss blocks cut and nailed in place so when the guy comes to set my trusses Monday, all we have to do is drop them in place and nail them off.
iQm7VuV.jpg

Nice. Moving right along!

I rotated my truck tires this morning and inspected my brakes. Went to the gas station and dropped 2bills filling the tank and a couple of jerrys of diesel for the tractor. Ouch.

Unlike me, I didn't get out of my pajamas, nor do a lick of work-work, just housework and an excuse of a dinner. Oh, and messaged the woman who cleans my house time to time. Rather do treework than cleaning work, neither of which I'm short on. Going to have a laborer do some mulching and weeding on Monday, while I'm mechanic'ing, and training my new guy on some stuff. Things will be in order soon.

Who's house? Adding on to the daughter's?

I've got the truck packed and am ready to head out to camp for another week.
Got all the Jerry cans filled, it is amazing how much fuel 5 guys can use in a week, falling and bucking.
Got another 2 weeks to go, I reckon.
It will be fine when this job is done, wood forwarded and measured and I can send a bill.
We have no idea how much wood is on the ground, but most likely my bill will be in the 50-60000$ range.
Be good to get that in the bank.
As usual I can't get internet down there, so I'll see y'all next weekend.

I'm off for my Sunday OT shift. Afternoon shift so 3:30-1200am. And then I'm back at 7:00am for my regular day shift. Tomorrow will get kind of miserable by the end. But still worth it. Next weekend I've got a three day weekend, paid stat and I'm off for a overnight motorcycle trip with my wife to Winthrop. Should be a awesome time/ride. Going with one other couple and me and the other fellow will blast off ahead which will be fun to not have to worry about the pace.

Nailed my IT work this weekend -- got the dedicated server to virtual private server work done, as well as a secure virtual machine for an e-commerce site to do card processing (SSL Labs is giving us an A+ report card). A wee bit different than the usual tree work, but it's good to keep the mental faculties well sharpened on every front!
wileecoyote.jpeg

Gonna be dormers facing fore and aft. Went up after lunch and got the connecting ridge tied in. Now I have to frame the floor between the triples so I can frame the dormers. And the last 4' on the left will be stick-framed, as that's where the stairs will be.

FfpC91N.jpg

Nice work! I like to try to get the bottom plate on building wrap, and the top plate some too. I like the thought of the building wrap covering those areas. I try. Don't always remember to.

I'm old school when it comes to framing -- don't believe in house wrap. I prefer buildings that breathe and also new construction that outgases. That's probably an opinion well on the way to extinction, but that's what I do.

Back