O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Invisible lock stitching already in place, Carl. I've heard that velocity is very hard to splice, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Getting the needle through the thick bits of the splice to stitch it was a serious pain in the butt, though. I was gonna add a whiplock too, just because it looks so cool, but after stitching I was over it. I need to get a sailor's palm.

How did you burry the cover? I always have had a bugger of a time getting it through. Tophopper yanked on it quite a few times and got it through faster than I have ever thought about. Whats your method?

Like Tophopper, sharply and repeatedly yanking the hell out of it is the key for me. Once I figured that out, all my double braid splices became so much easier. Flex the throat, milk it, and then snap it sharply 5 or so times. Repeat until bury is complete. This, of course, requires a SOLID anchor point.

We should ask Nick what he does. Nick?

Edit: I'll put this in the splicing forum, where he'll see it.

The machine is not new, but the hydraulics and the toys, oh, I mean attachments are new. New grapple bucket and tree boom. This will let them pick up larger material than they can with the bobcat. Boys and there toys. Now, its off to the painter.

My guess is between $1500.00 - $2000.00 for sandblasting and yellow paint.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
nice backhoe! I used top drive one of them on a nursery a few years back. bouncy bouncy down the field row.... :)

Such a nice chipper for disposing of bodies- I figured family member removal was part of the service.

Such a nice chipper for disposing of bodies- I figured family member removal was part of the service.

As long as you freeze them first, things go smooth. The chuck and duck was terrible for that when the blades were dull. It looked like fargo, useing wood to stuff it in.:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the heads up Rumi! too bad they arent long enough for me.... sigh.

Well I needed a fix so I had to had some stuff to my tool collection.
To keep my fine tools sharp...

pACE2-995593reg.jpg

and to make finer joints and cut more detailed items

pACE2-993002reg.jpg

Yes, I had survived until now without some of the basics :/:

The next thing is going to be a Silky Hand Saw and and ???. I'm still debating between a MIG welder, or a hammer drill and a Stihl Leaf Blower and Vacuum kit.

And... as of 30 minutes ago... the Stihl won out!

BG55.gif

I just demo'd one in the parking lt at my dealer, and then.....

I ordered a new BG 55 and Vacuum kit to go with it :D

I just hope my History professor doesn't cancel another class...or else I might end up with a welder :lol:

Forgive me in the last 2 weeks i have bought, a 357XPG (at the apf cheap :) ), 2 lanyards, a 8.5 tonne agricultural dump trailer, some Meindhl boots and other little bits i can't remember :)

Back