O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

A good friend is a professional trainer in Chattanooga. He just moved to a new facility and had to get rid of some of his training gear. He knows I like rope and.....well, this is what he gave me yesterday (actually donated it to our Boy Scout troop)....a spliced manila rope and a Bacher ladder.

They came with some nice gear for set-up.

You can see better pictures of the spliced manila in the House of Splice

http://gypoclimber.com/showthread.php?t=3883

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Canuck, its supposed to be his'n hers for me and the wife, I shall see if she wants to give hers up. :)

Well todays haul was:

3x Petzl Triacts
2x Micro Pulleys
1 Pair of Arborwear Tech Pants that I ordered back in May and finally got here.

Well, I didnt spend any $, but my good friend in the USAF out of Wyoming surprised me and sent me two desert camo Camelbacks. with some funky insulation and chit.. very cool! Thanks Bro!

Nice to see where my tax dollars go.:what:

Now Paulie can go to a bar with one of those under his shirt, order 1 beer and save some bling bling...............cheap drunk!

My cousins wedding. As far as the chipper goes what ya got in mind, I'm thinking about an upgrade

395xp, not on your dime man, they were bought at the base store, Bx I think he called it. at best they may be a subsidized price.
I hadnt thought of the beer option Rborist, nice thought... and Canuck, does that mean I am not the only one trying to slowly and quietly prepare myself? :)

ah yes, and since it was friday and I was waiting on some stuff, I hit two.... arborist shops today. petzl lid with muffs (finally arrived) some bar oil, couple baby biners and a few pairs of stihl saftey glasses, I manage to keep scratching them up! oh, and a leg scabbard I bought months ago and was waiting for it to get some fastex buckles instead of the strap thingies...

Last edited:
Got this beauty this week, now I just gotta figure what I'm going to use it for.

It's nice to be earning money enough at last to be able to buy such items.

MB, the places I was at, only had the leather ones. whats the beef with them? weight? bulk? just sucky overall?

Butch is frugal and belting is cheaper. Leather lasts well if it is well oiled but oiling his scabbard probably sets Butch to thinking about other things.....;)

My last leather scabbard got cut up too easy. I don't give a hoot about the prices, belting is just better.

I've had my leather weaver scabbard the same as Paul posted, for
nearly three years and it just now has to be replaced as the tip
of the saw protrudes about 2 inches, I guess it's more like a prolapsed saw.

Figure it will snag on stuff readily and I can't be havin that.

I like the maleability and flex of the leather. The bad side is your handsaw
gradually sinks down as it cuts the sideof the scabbard. Duct tape only slows
the process.

Buzz, I know but its gonna be pricey to get one over here. eventually I shall have at least one. :)

Well the bug struck today. My camera battery is dead so this will have to do.

ms460.jpg

Back