O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
well theye arent new, about 8 years old in fact, but.... I finally got around to taking them to the cobbler a week ago for nw vibram soles, renew the leather and fix any (restitch and glue) blown out or worn stitching. well my little italian cobbler did a bang up job. 85 bucks plus tax and my WAY too expensive Danner goretex hikers are back in business. Danner boots are the shiznit, and the gore tex booty / liner is most appreciated.

Thanks for the reminder, I am gonna take mine in tommorrow! I luv my Danners too.

I bought a set of Danner light 2, lasted for three sets of soles, still have them but the uppers are dry and cracked now. LOTS of mileage on those boots. then I got these mountain light 2's. great boots. I think I paid near 350 to 400 respectively for the boots when I bought them, pricey but worth every cent to me so far.

Best place (cheapest) to buy Danners is at a military base store.

cool. good to know. my only prob is thats Comox, edmonton or Cold Lake AB! :)chilliwack was closed years ago

I bet our local coastguard boy might be able to get some.....................:/:

Must be a slow day eh, I am taking pics of my Christmas tree and you, your boots, HA!

:) i walked up yo the mall to mail out an arborist report for a strata that I finished up yesterday. thats kind of like work :) tomorrow will be -18C with the wind chill and all this lovely snow and slush will be like a skating rink. so, this guy stays home and is going to read some Shigo, guilt free. this is my trade off for working 7 days a week all spring and summer.

One call today, a $450.00 elm prune go ahead from an estimate this spring. Gonna be a stay at home by the fire day tommorrow too. More of the same weather, mid -30's with the wind chill factored in.

whatsamatta Craig? that winter fur coat of yours not good enough for a bit of below zero tree traipsing? :)

The weather is not too cold for me to go out in. Problem is most of my staff and hydraulics don't move real quick in this weather..............and if they end up working, all you hear is this annoying whinning noise.

....and if they end up working, all you hear is this annoying whinning noise.

From the workers or the hydraulics ?
Whining noises are cheaper by hired workers. Hydraulics get pissed off & you're really stuck, ey ? LOL

hahahaha good point Rborist. I tried to organize a snow clearing crew this morning. seems everyone is out toboganning (sp?) or something.

Ordered new outrigger pads. Lifetime guarantee, we shall see how well
they hold up.
black_white_1.gif

Also ordered the ramps for the Spider Lift today. 18 inch's wide 16 ft long.
car-loading-ramps.jpg

I dunno, based on that photo, those pads look thin....? We have some thicker ones that snapped in two. The plates that we are getting the best mileage out of are one inch thick aluminum. Tig weld a handle on them.

I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to outrigger pads. I use 2x8 lumber (usually salvaged from construction site dumpsters) cut into 2' sections and nailed together in a 3x3 pattern, creating a 24"x24" pad that fits in the pad holders on the sides of the truck. I have a hammer and nails on the truck, when a board splits or falls out I just hammer it back together. I got over a year out of my first set and half the boards weren't even pressure treated. A month ago I finally spent my first dollars on pads and bought a few 2x8s. Spent $25 and made 2 new pads (including a new box of galvanized nails).

Been doing that for years Brian, finally broke down and ordered these
they are 1 inch thick and 24x24 inch's. Rated at 60,000 pounds. We
got a decent deal on them we ordered 28 pads between us and a
friend of mine.

For pads,we used old but sound cross arms,bolted together using double arming bolts[all thread].Heavy,about 18 inchs wide and 2 feet long but real stout,cheap also[free].We put rope loops on the ends so we could drag the heavy rascals.

Here you go Craig...http://www.discountramps.com/
They cost me $1062.97 for the pair Butch. Including shipping, they
are rated for 8500 pounds per vehicle, the Spider weighs
6800 pounds so they should work fine for us.

Back