Page 779 of 782 FirstFirst ... 279679729769777778779780781 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,790 of 7818

Thread: O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

TreeHouser Sponsor

Me too after my first few weeks in the trees. People that talk about this one, or that one......I think, why would a person do that????????

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    I'm a sucker for an ebay bargain.
    Picked up a set of Buckingham titanium, CCA pole gaffs, twisted shank with the steel insert Velcro wrap pads. I had to buy them each individually from the seller lol 25$ each.

CCA gaffs are funny looking, got grooves machined into them or something like that. I'll probably replace them with tree gaffs, but I'll try them first. Never used pole gaffs before.
    Attachment 91649
    Short looking. How long? I like pole spurs more than tree spurs. It brings my foot closer to the trunk which I like.

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

I'm waiting for a pair of Clogger zero gen 2's to arrive...supposed to be the bee's knees for hot weather
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

They're around 1.25 inches. I will definitely hang on to them and try them out on Norway maple or something like that.

Are chainsaw pants required by law there, Bermy?

I think you will like them, makes you feel more squirrel like IMO

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

Yes Jonny, in Australia chainsaw leg protection, steel toe boots, hard hat ear and eye protection....mandatory.
    Bermuda...optional but I wear them regardless.
    Apparently squirrel is one of my nicknames...I quite like the 'tree elf' myself
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

Went up to the hall today to use the crane and heated shop... finally got the welding skid painted and everything back in there. I ordered a new radiator for it, but hadn't gotten the shipping info yet, just checked my email and i guess it will be here tomorrow. And i just put it back in damnit, oh well. Easy enough to pull i guess. So I'll be headed back up there later this week to do that. I need to build me a crane so i can pull it whenever i want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190109_135030.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	91756

Name:	20190109_153909.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	91757
    Kyle

Looks good! Are you building in a gang box?

I have a toolbox that goes in there as well, tsc piece of crap. Low profile, extra deep, but the latches have already given up the ghost. So i bought latches to put on it. If i wasn't building a bed once i have time and money saved for it i would build my own box, but for now this works. The bottles go behind the toolbox, so having it light enough to slide towards the tailgate helps there, and the same for servicing the machine, which i can do with it still in the truck. For a bathtub (rig with a pickup bed), it works surprisingly well, and i think i have just enough room to sneak a fifth wheel hitch in there, so i can get a camper this year.

Name:	20181022_110327.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	91759

Name:	Screenshot_20190109-202817_Photos.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	91761
    Kyle

General Purpose Sponsor Stumpshot's Avatar

Default New Year, New Gear

Starting off 2019 right -- spending $700 on rope and carabiners from Tree Stuff. Got brand new 1/2, 9/16 and 5/8 rigging line (all Notch Kraken), along with wide gate steel carabiners for rigging.

A new and used set of Buckingham pole gaffs to outfit our climbers.

Also, our pallet arrived: mid-size grapple for our log truck. Should be just right, Goldilocks. The first one was too big, the other one was too small that we more recently acquired from the Mexican national who bought our knuckle boom. This new one has the right diameter grab for our usual picks and load capacity -- should be able to handle 24" diameter logs safely without resorting to slings.

But we're also in a serious chainsaw crisis with issues ongoing with the 346 carb, 372 falling to pieces, 200T getting snatched, 201T pull cord breaking... With our local saw shop being little help (they sell both Stihl & Husqy) -- repairs are often untrustworthy -- we are considering switching over to Stihl exclusively, which would open up our options around the region for suppliers & repair shops...