O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I'm on my 1st Gen HH almost every day at the moment
Why are you selling yours Deva?

Good one...
Try strapping Hobbs to log... hold log in skidsteer grapple, Viola.

Though that one dude strapped it to his back and used it in the tree?

Love my Echo 2511t!

It's so small and light. I have a bit of patience.
Though, yesterday, I found out that I need to wear the thinner nitrile gloves with them, as with the latex grip ones, my fingers don't fit the finger space, by just a little much. Not so good for cold weather.

nice Echo... the baby one rips...

Bermy! Sorry I missed your question way earlier..

I never got on with the HH1... Just never got down with it...

I'm more rope runner and rope wrench and a lot of just ddrt VT...

New toy :)
RopeRunner, I guess the gold ones were made by CMI for TreeStuff. This thing is mint, zero wear on the friction plate.
6ECDA192-C03B-4C64-8B84-F1CB303B5F8D.jpeg
I’ve been wanting one for a while. Sure don’t need it but I’ve heard too much great things about it, and got a nice price.
Now to figure out how it works.

Nice find, Jonny! I will be interested in what you think of it. Are you a hard core SRS convert or do you just use it occasionally?

I’m getting into it more and more. If I’m trimming I’m usually SRT now. For removals and spurs I usually still do DdRT. I think my next piece of gear will be a spur mounted ascender, I’m gonna see about making a mount for a regular old chest ascender for spurs. Can probably rig up a knee ascender on spurs pretty easily too.

I have not tried a rope-walker while using spurs as it always seemed a bit redundant. As long as I'm using my leg muscles to gain altitude I'm happy.

I love SRS on removals though, for its ability to choke a stem or limb and not needing a crotch to make that work.

New Samson Velocity Hot lanyard with DMM swivel biner. Loving the looks of it, at 30’ it can double as a second climbing system when I want it to, either moving rope or choked stationary with Akimbo or the Cinch if I’m not ascending it. Cinch is sweet for limb walking SRT. Nice in the big ass maples around here.
BEC81732-6574-4698-808A-1BA1722C6694.jpeg

Back