O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I climbed for 2+ years on 120'. Great for SRT choke/ trunk anchor for removals. Great length for 60' TIP, about what I hand-throw, for base-tie pruning.

I would extend my 120' with a 90' x 9mm HTP giving me 90' SRT base-tie height, combined.

Looks nice! What's the tether made of?
Any other cool new gear there? Anything revolutionary coming soon that isn't yet on the arb supply sites?

The tether is aluminum and made by reon rounds. I’m gonna give it a try on the zig zag first. There was some pretty cool stuff. ISC is putting an actual rig-n-wrench out soon.

I started working for a local Arborist Supplies company doing their trade shows. Saw Willie at TCIA Expo. Didn't run into August, but I think I heard you were there.
Being in a booth all day has its disadvantages. I didn't get much time to get around and see everyone.

So the fellow I work for stocks heavily for a lot of old-school. and just recently started to bring in some newer items.

He was hesitant to even consider carrying the Akimbo, but I convinced him to put in a preorder. He heard me talking it up constantly while working the trade show.

We all have our loyalties to specific vendors, but if you don't, check out:

https://www.arborist.com/product/S190411-97/Rock-Exotica-AKIMBO.html

If you do buy it there, tell the boss, Dave that I sent you.
Thanks.

If they don't sell, he won't likely take much more advice from me. :)

Loving this I had spliced up for my rigging bag. Bomb proof rigging rings, made into a cambium saver.

Attachments

• IMG_1843.jpg
    IMG_1843.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 47
False crotch for rigging lines. What diameter rope is it made from, Pete?
I think I want to try a rigging ring on an ultrasling. Never used either.

It is for rigging - will have a look at the rating tomorrow but it is a serious bit of kit. I often install it from the ground like a cambium saver - awesome time saver

I am weak, I succumbed to the black Friday sales on-line.
Two more senas, vizirs, rain jackets, wrap pads and a zubat blade. I saved over $60 by asking Wesspur if they could match TreeStuff's shipping charge. $35 instead of $95...DONE in 5 minutes!
I was impressed.

Yeah I bought a Zig zag on sale after seeing how August and a few others like theirs so much

Cory I’m sure you’ll hate it. In fact just send it to me before you get disappointed by it. I was produced to absorb disappointment. A second ZZ would have little effect on me;)

I'm a sucker for an ebay bargain.
Picked up a set of Buckingham titanium, CCA pole gaffs, twisted shank with the steel insert Velcro wrap pads. I had to buy them each individually from the seller lol 25$ each.

CCA gaffs are funny looking, got grooves machined into them or something like that. I'll probably replace them with tree gaffs, but I'll try them first. Never used pole gaffs before.
20190102_091227.jpg

Back