O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Good advice, Brian -- we roll with lighted whips on our chipper so it can be seen behind our big ol' 30 yard truck.

Well I just agreed to buy a truck also. I pick it up tomorrow after work.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=502524261&zip=32701
2016 F150 Lariat 4wd ruby red metallic with tinted clearcoat.
It blows cold air up my ass. How could I say no?
They put 4 new Michelin tires on it after they took the pics.

f91b9ad062974b3697920fdd18b98734.jpg

25965bb66abe4a2c80ecb457e917c66c.jpg

8260c471405a48828c0e941c50342a4a.jpg

29699c109553400eb97abb9b2d013fda.jpg

134ac518890341cdbcd2d14f03800e8e.jpg

A cold air enema sounds about right form a Ford. No offense but Ford can kiss my ass and burn in hell. I have no love of Fords.

My suggestion is you sell it before it takes a massive shit and ends up costing you thousands because some Ford d-bag exec wanted a more profitable company by increasing the service department revenue.

I'd like to make a wild guess that Rajan has owned a 6.0 or 6.4?

Nice looking truck Brian. What power plant in that sucka?

Squishey, it's the 5.0. Only engine I'd buy for long term. The 3.5 TT is great for the first 150K miles but the 5.0 is good for 250-300K miles. Heck, my current 5.4 has 200K on it and never had the timing chains done.

I sold my 03 5.4 with 200,000m(320,000km) on it with all original running gear and no motor work either. No major repairs to anything.

Looks like a sweet ride. 302. Can't go wrong.

I'd like to make a wild guess that Rajan has owned a 6.0 or 6.4?

Nice looking truck Brian. What power plant in that sucka?

6.0 and Ford can kiss my ass because of it. Did I say that already? I feel a cold creeping in and it's making me cranky that and finding out I am loosing three commercial accounts due to no fault of my own but management personnel changes. Faq! Oh well.

Don’t hold back Rajan. Tell us how you really feel about the blue oval. Their engineering department and I have never really seen eye to eye. I had a 2000 7.3 and an 01 7.3. Liked them both till they started having problems. Having to pull the engine to replace the oil pan kinda pissed me off. I still have the 01 for now but it’s acting like it wants new injectors again. It sits to much I think and that can’t be good.

Rich, add some ATF to the fuel tank once in a while. A pint or so is good. Cleans and lubricates injectors better than any additive you can buy off the shelf. Ask any diesel expert. I do it with all my diesels. Trucks, chippers, whatever.

And I'm in the same spot with my '97 F450 7.3. Need to pull the engine to replace the oil pan gasket. Not leaking much but enough to make it all cruddy under there. Going to hit it with a pressure washer before bringing it in to get fixed at some point.

If the pan is rotted through, replacement is a no brainer. But if the pan is leaking at the gasket, cinch down all the pan bolts a little before considering pulling the motor pulling the motor.

I’ve heard of doing that Brian. Just never have
The back side of the oil pan likes to rust out for some reason. Small gap between it and the transmission bell housing must catch debris and holds it. Debris in Ohio means lots of road salt. Anyhow, I guess to do the job properly the engine needs flipped over to allow the weight of the pan to seat the gasket. I could be wrong. That’s just what I was told. I think ford has something like 24 hours of mechanic time for it. When it comes time that the f-550 (01) needs it I’ll just sell the thing. Actually it’s probably going up for sale after this summer, but that’s for other reasons.

We recently went for a bit of luxury.
Since I haven't been at work because of the leukemia or when I was, forgot my camera, pictures have been a while under way.

We've had a nasty wet winter.
Wettest march in recorded history and it ain't even over yet.
Richard and I are the only ones with cabin heaters in our trucks, so we usually eat in those.
Since we were deployed in the South and the rest of the gang in the North, someone mentioned that lunch was getting to be something nobody looked forward to.

So we asked the State Forest if we could buy one of their mobile lunch sheds ( I don't know what you'd call it in American.............help?).

They had recently been forced politically to fire about 40% of their people ( Good for us, we'll get the work that they should have done) so they had a surplus of these pull along crummies.

Propane heated with electric light, has a stove, refrigerator, sink for washing hands and even a toilet which will be used for storage.
It has an outside compartment for fuel and a small shop in the back for working on saws.

Easily seats 6 and has personal closets for extra clothes etc.

Luxury, but I have to admit it is nice to sit indoors together for the two ½ hour breaks, we take.

Takes a bit more discipline to get up and to work again, but loggers have that or they starve.

Everybody are happy with it and it only cost us $4,500:)

P1060611.JPG P1060614.JPG P1060608.JPG P1060609.JPG P1060610.JPG P1060615.JPG P1060613.JPG

Attachments

• P1060606.JPG
    P1060606.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 45
Around here that's called a break trailer, if it was an old shipping container it would be a break connex. I would be tempted to put some rubber matting down if you guys wear cork boots. They are just about the first thing set up on a construction site here, and are considered almost mandatory on building trade jobs. Get a water jug for it, post the required worksite posters (mandatory by law here detailing workers rights), get a boot cleaning brush mounted on the steps, window air conditioner unit, dehumidifier, and if needed setup an office desk. Make sure to stock it with plastic silverware so you have some when you forget, paper towels, first aid kit, eye wash, fire bottles, and a defibrillator if possible. Lol like i said, around here it's the first thing on the job, and are super handy. I wouldn't doubt if they are required under certain contracts. They even go so far as having a separate superintendent trailer for meetings and stuff, complete with big screen tvs for presentations and new hire safety videos, internet access, printers and copy machines, you name it. I haven't seen one on a pipeline job, but they cram all of that and more in the foremans truck :lol: They might have them on bigger spreads tho. I have an older one i got for free here as storage, but am planning on switching to shipping containers and getting rid of the trailers in time.

Back