O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

$300/hr for that machine would be crazy money here... your equipment overhead would have to be astronomical (perhaps plausible in SF/LA) or the operating expense being very high (grinding in a lot of rock for example).

My little Bandit burns 3 gallons of gas an hour, Green Teeth last 20-30 hours without an adverse event, and the machine would be ~$19k new. $100 hour is good money for it, but my bid target is 2x that. Two weeks ago I put 73 minutes on the engine and billed $600 in grinding. Granted those are cherry picked jobs, my stump grinding sub grinds most of my stumps.

We have a lot of glacial tailings in my area so burning up teeth and whatnot happens often. But $100 an hour is not worth it IMO regardless of machine. If I am running an Alpine Magnum I'd want like $6,000 an hour :lol:

Haha... yes. The AM is greedy with your strength, stamina and concentration...

The first job was awful.... even got to find metal and blasted the teeth....

But alas.... now that the Rayco has entered the room... well things have changed a bit.

God Bless Hydraulics.

Picked up a few things...

3/8" stable braid... Looking nice. Same strength as lightweight 1/2". Compact. Light rigging and speed lining.

David Stice was spot on when he recommended it. As he is with many things.
I've even made a prussik from it once. Was lacking one. Cut a small piece and made like a foot loop Prussik out of it.

An Alpine Magnum is definitely on my wish list. Preferably with the 3120 PH.

Wonder how hard it'd be to build one. Probably easiest to go with a big demo saw that's already made to drive a belt.

Good stuff! Never heard of the 3/8 concept but I like it!

Dang, look at all those dead trees in the back ground of speedling, crazy.

7C62BE27-BDFE-4F31-A157-DB200F4A3A98.jpg

Got 150’ of Teufelberger Xstatic 11.7mm.
Supposed to be nice paired with Akimbo. I’m kinda digging the colors :)

Back