O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

It's huge compared to my little truck, and sits a good bit higher than my old big truck. 4x4 plus bigger tires (12R22.5). Had to use it today on a job I promised so we took off with bare minimum gear and got it done without too much fuss. The reach on this truck is amazing! Drives like a new one even though it's 12 years old.

Attachments

• IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 32
I got a new husky 576 /24" bar, and a new 201 /16" bar.

The husky is sweeeeeeeeet, seems to have a bit more power than my 5 y o 576s. I guess they have updated the software in it since the early models.

The 201 is puter chip saw too, runs well. Some stuff to get used to re on/off switch and choking. Changing the operation of that control in the handle seems like a solution to a problem that didn't exi

I got a new husky 576 /24" bar, and a new 201 /16" bar.

The husky is sweeeeeeeeet, seems to have a bit more power than my 5 y o 576s. I guess they have updated the software in it since the early models.

The 201 is puter chip saw too, runs well. Some stuff to get used to re on/off switch and choking. Changing the operation of that control in the handle seems like a solution to a problem that didn't exi

There's just something about that new saw smell! :love:

Nice looking truck Brian. Besides being a longer boom than your old big truck, those extra few degrees over center really help

I can’t speak for the husky but I think you’ll like that 201 tc Cory. I really liked mine for two years before it started acting up. Dealer fixed it numerous times before it had an “accident”. I’m back to running a second gen 201 that I did the reg muffler mod on. To be clear that was the vid where he just drilled it out without removing the exhaust, not the one where he backed over it.

Sorry man. When I pick them up it?s like my hands are on fire. Painful to say the least. Only the 088 comparison(3120 I think) felt right. I guess I could stop by Lowe’s and try to pick one up again:O

Last edited:
Lowes sells (non-pro) Husqvarna, as does Tractor Supply Co. The Depot carries Echo -- unless somehow it's regionalized. You'd like our "local" saw shop. One side of the room is Husqvarna, the other side of the room is Stihl. How they get away with it, I don't know! I guess they want to make converts of the other saw brand's "true believers," or do a bit of cross-pollination

Your right. It’s Lowe’s. I edited my post for accuracy. Basically the same place. I don’t know for sure because I rarely go to any of them. I’ve got a small hardware store that fills those needs and I buy my saws from my local dealer.

Lowes sells (non-pro) Husqvarna, as does Tractor Supply Co. The Depot carries Echo -- unless somehow it's regionalized. You'd like our "local" saw shop. One side of the room is Husqvarna, the other side of the room is Stihl. How they get away with it, I don't know! I guess they want to make converts of the other saw brand's "true believers," or do a bit of cross-pollination

Are you implying that husky sells professional saws besides the 3120? I’ll pray for your soul kind sir

Sorry Rich, I wasn't meaning to "correct" you -- just letting people know if they do want to touch some orange gear, where they actually need to go. That and the fact that you can't get the pro-level saws from a big box hardware store -- you have to go to a dedicated dealer. Lowe's carries the 400-series of Husqy gear -- not the 3xxXP series or 5xxXP series. Pray tell where did you fondle the aforementioned 3120XP?

Oh, and are you implying that we aren't pros? :D
Well, I guess we're due for a "formal" introduction to this informal bunch!

Equipment
Stihl MS 200T, 201T, 020 climbing saws
Husqvarna 346XP, 372XP, 395XP ground saws
Stihl HT133 power pruner

No I wasn’t. I was merely picking at the husky fans a bit and am sleep deprived with alchohal. Also I really wouldn’t know what they carry because I don’t look. The 3120 was also touched when I bought my 088. He wouldn’t sell me both. At 80 years old he said he still needed to keep one big saw around. He’s supposed to call me when he can’t handle it anymore.

Back