O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

"*****" should still work, 7% If I recall correctly.

I was under the impression that that discount code was not supposed to be broadcast outside of the elders forum. I have not tried lately, but I think FREESHIP still works, for times when your total bill is below $100.

Tim

Edit: I can't remember for certain, but the word TREEHOUSE might be a discount code. I thought we had a thread going on this forum with all of the codes listed.

Last edited:
But we're also in a serious chainsaw crisis with issues ongoing with the 346 carb, 372 falling to pieces, 200T getting snatched, 201T pull cord breaking... With our local saw shop being little help (they sell both Stihl & Husqy) -- repairs are often untrustworthy -- we are considering switching over to Stihl exclusively, which would open up our options around the region for suppliers & repair shops...
Got the pull cord on the 201T but it's leaning out after 1/2 throttle. Got the Jonsered 2255 going again, so it takes the place of the 346 now while we look at the carb issue. So we have one of each size saw going, one 372, and the 395. Enough saws to limp along, but none to spare. Still mulling over a Stihl switchover. I know Justin's thoughts there already, and could guess what Flushcut would say!

New main drum belt on the 18" chipper.

You might think you know what I am going to say. But Dolmar for the win with a side of Shindawa for balancing the pallet.

Got a Rock Exotica Omni Block 2.6" material handler version today. Was expecting it to be smaller. Very lightweight though. Got a regular 1.5" one coming too.

20190116_223843.jpg

Hell yea. Gonna try it on a dead eye sling and just girth hitched on a loop runner. I'm thinking dead eye or a whoopie is what it needs though. Seems like alot of pulley for 1/2" max rope.

I've admired those for some years now, Jonny. Well done.

For me, a nice long spliced eyed section of 5/8" Tenex would be primo.

Bought some echos... they had small medium and large top handles... I went small and large...

Those two saw were $100 more than one 201...

Attachments

• 20190117_122854.jpg
    20190117_122854.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 40
I thought about you as I posted, Stephen. Know you've reporting having good use from Echos lately. If I was a working climber any more, I'd look. But as my friend Stig has pointed out a few times, I rather like my "antique" Stihls at this point in my life :D.

But I'd never go for an Echo for a ground saw...my bad, I suppose :). Stuck in my old man mindset.

Plastic cases.... haha...

They are for the guys on the crew.

We have an electric husky too and a Stihl 150... and a couple old ms200T's....

If there is a better top handle than the old 200T, ever, I'll be surprised. Mine still kicks azz.

Been surprised before though, sure enough ;).

Back