O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Some old Stringer- Brooks gaffs.
Those gaffs look pretty long for poles, but shorter than most tree gaffs. Are they aluminum?

Someone gave me a set of Bashlin pole climbers a few years ago, I hope to find a set of replacement tree gaffs for them and put em to work, waay less weight than my steel permanent gaff Buckinghams.

Yes Johnny... They are aluminum and very light. Surprised me how light they were. And I expected pole Spurs to be shorter so I guess these are really in between. I don't have anything to compare them to besides pictures which I haven't taken time to dredge up.

Short spurs seem to need less shin padding, for me. You're light, too. No excess, best I can tell.

Short spurs are great, unless you need long ones.

That being said, a throw line to install a climb line negates the need for long spurs at the bottom of the tree.

Pines, you probably want longer that pole spurs.

TS has the tree gaffs at 2&1/2”. Can’t tell you where to get pole gaffs though. If you can’t find them message me. I have a used set that I replaced with tree gaffs. Since I did that I purchased another set it three of complete pole gaff set ups. When I come across them on Craigslist I buy them just to keep them out of the hands of morons. I still climb on my 23 year old original set (with the tree gaffs now). They are by far the most comfortable I’ve ever worn and I’ve tried almost all of them.

TS has the tree gaffs at 2&1/2”.
Thanks! Yes I think I'll be buying those replacement tree ones. 75$ is better price than the few sets on ebay. I think my caddie pads and straps from my bucks fit right on them too ��

20181001_183113.jpg

New muffler for my ms361. Stock muffler rusted up pretty bad. Might tweak it a little bit w a drill and dremel.

Sena helmet comms!!!
I got a pair for our helmets...LOVE them. Was undecided for a long time, pulled the trigger and got some in the TS sale.
Most excellent, so glad I got them!

20181002_182624.jpg

According to the ebay seller " estate find, starts and runs great, but the shaft seems to be locked up" .

Everyone see where this is going?
Disengaged the brake and it's fine. 60$
I really like my other 180. The easy start thing is pretty unnecessary.

X2... I love my ear plugs...

My own universe between my ears...

Just got 2 quickies from singing tree in the mail...

Pumped to update my tie ins... I got some flak on fb...

I finally got delivery today on the last 4 boxes of something I bought a few weeks ago. I purchased some nuts and bolts racks with over 5000 USS course thread hardware and another 5000+ set of metric hardware including four 40 hole bins to hang on the wall and hold all the hardware. I did not buy the third set with SAE fine thread hardware only because I rarely come across it so the need isn't there.

About 30 years ago when my dad sold his gas stations he sold me his nuts and bolts racks, which I had for a few years until I sold my lawn business and they went with the business. Over the years I have regretted selling them many times and my current nuts and bolts assortment consists of one disorganized drawer and a couple shelves in the garage with piles of used nuts and bolts scattered about. I'm looking forward to having a real nuts and bolts rack on the wall with all the hardware I need in one place.

Here's the link where I bought them. Be warned, their service turned out to be shitty and it has taken me 4 weeks with multiple unanswered emails and phone calls before finally getting what I paid for. They finally answered my last email when I threatened to contact my CC and reverse the charges. That got a response in less than 6 hours.
https://usboltkits.com/product/2350-piece-uss-grade-8-coarse-bin-2/
https://usboltkits.com/product/2350-piece-metric-grade-8-8-coarse-bin-2/

20181003_182257.jpg

Been meaning to buy one of these for years. Still haven't heard anything bad about the Maasdam rope puller, and I can think of dozens of times it would've come in handy in the past.

Back