O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

No, it just came today.
Good reviews out there about it though, probably someone here that uses it.
So far I’ve only had the Akimbo work well with Fly. I’ll probably use the Xstatic just for SRT.

I bought another Husqvarna 536LIXP top handle lithium...

I love the concept... no pull cord and no gas.

What's everyone's favorite alternative bar lubricant? Crisco?

I use canola in the winter; ~$4/G at walmart. I like the way it flows at low(ish) temps. I've heard you should run regular oil every so often to keep the works clean, so that's what I do when it's warm, and I think the tackifiers are more important in hot temps.

Canola, don't leave it sit for a while. regular use seems to be fine. All SPs saws ran canola for years. We used 36" bars and down, commonly.

Some people mix canola and dino.

It is interesting to think about all the 100's of thousands of gallons of bar oil that has been sprayed harmlessly, apparently, across the landscape over the years. Not on water though.

If bar oil was phytotoxic... we would see it in the trees we trim...

I just want something less expensive and more eco even... canola seems cool... it get down to about 48 degrees here ince in awhile...

Sean I'm not aware of any ill effects to the environment, except perhaps watercourses, from bar oil spraying around. "The solution to pollution is dilution"

Please edify me if I'm mistaken

Pollution. Is the wrong shit in the wrong place. Be responsible. If you can't, make politic law to entice people to do the right thing...

Do you think your best friends great grand kids have a good earth to inherit?

I have a 9 yrs old and I shudder at his world when he's (God willing) 70 yrs old...

Suppose you use gallon of oil on a job. Suppose you used a mist sprayer to spray the same gallon of oil around the yard. Would you simply prefer not to have oil sprayed around the yard, one way or another? Does that just make sense?

The exhaust fumes from saws float away and lose concentration. Imagine what it is like to run saws in a regular sized closed-up room.

It's easy to ignore pollution.

Cars mostly have no visible smoke cloud, anymore.
One could say that apparently, there is no effect from car exhaust.

No free lunch.

Suppose you use gallon of oil on a job. Suppose you used a mist sprayer to spray the same gallon of oil around the yard. Would you simply prefer not to have oil sprayed around the yard, one way or another?

I don't think I've ever used a full gallon on any 1 day job. Anyway, presumably a lot of that oil is stuck to the saw chips rather than sprayed around the yard. Question remains- have you ever seen or been made aware of any harmful effects of bar oil being used on a property, excluding body-of-water possible issues. I'm eager to learn of any issues, I've never seen any direct or indirect or otherwise issues.

And regarding dilution- of course straight purity is a nice thing but if something contains pollutants at such a low, diluted level so as to be essentially undetectable and harmless, then there you go, s'all good.

My friction saver arrived today all the way from the UK and instantly became the nicest piece of gear I have. Now I just have to get past the mental hurdle of not having my lifeline around the tree. Thanks again Highscale.

20190828_183651.jpg

Back