O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Turntable sounds like a great feature. Kinda surprised we don't see it more often. In an industry so devoted to safety, it makes sense to try to help keep people from having to stand in traffic.

New Stihl MS 271 Farm Boss here for firewood duties. Keep the new gear rolling in!
(Helps to have a nice 2 week contract job in the dead of winter -- perfect job at near summer prices!)

Looks like a nice machine. Any idea why they were selling?

Good stuff, Mick!

I've been climbing on my Akimbo, and forgotten to take any pictures.

I had it dialed on a piece of Poison Hyvee to my liking, but rushing, didn't look at the settings before changing them, and then not having success on my 11mm HTP, IIRC. I forget the size, positively. Wouldn't grab.

Looks like a nice machine. Any idea why they were selling?

He has quite an efficient outfit, not a jackass by the look of it, lots of big gear, his story is that he bought it to hire out regularly to a landscaper who was renting his first machine.
The regular hiring of it never materialised so he wants to liquidate it. I’ve had close ups of the anvil and rollers they seem reasonable.

For sure I’ll do my best to find any major issues.

Buying new doesn’t mean you’re problem free by any means, as I found out with my current machine.

Thanks Gary, I’ll have it by the end of the week.

Wife and her sister come back from an overnight company do in an hour, (SIL over from England) I’ve been ordered, under penalty of death, to clean the place up a bit before they come back.

Between me and the dog in one evening the place is a pigsty!

Better shake a Leg!

Over and out.

New Kask helmet here with a full forestry face shield, which I've been wanting for a while now. The Petzl Vertex helmet + Bug Eye screen glasses was okay, but a stick in the eye this week proved the point -- I need full face protection, not just safety glasses. Previously, I've been zinged in the nose, cheekbone, & lips from chipper backscatter. Hooray for Luke's Floor at Tree Stuff!
P1390818.jpg P1390819.jpg P1390822.jpg

I loved my Kask. Just took me time to get used to the weight. Add camera and Sena... yeah... Comfy support system in it.
My Petzl Vertax Vent was lighter, but disappointing in the support and chin strap. Oh well. It's ok, but took some getting used to.
Nice buy. Like Burnam, I prefer a different color. I lean toward hivis, black gets bloody hot in summer ...

Stealthy! But No way would I get a black one. FYI the visor and muffs off of a Husqvarna forestry helmet fit a Petzl vertex vent nicely.

Back