O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Beauty! Think of it as an extension of your climbing line that could support you, me, and Roseanne all at once.

I spy some 8mm Ultratech too, that stuff worked great on any 1/2” 16 strand.

I picked up a BR800, just got a light use so far. You can definitely feel the twist in your body.

Might try out the drenaLine with the Akimbo tomorrow, on a new project. It's pretty boldly colored. Good contrast.

You get the BR800 with the front start?

Yes. It's a funny starter that is like the Easy-start on saws. I like it. I don't know how its done, but I like it. The throttle-lock has twist-lever adjustability up and down, and the standard kill-switch. Easy to adjust telescopic discharge tube, with adjustable throttle-handle position on the stationary part of the tube for different arm-lengths/ body shapes. Nice storage hanger for the tube, and folds down shorter than my BR600 with upright tube. Waist and chest harness.

2 thumbs up.

Heavy...no replacement for displacement.

Face two of them, just offset from face-to-face, and start a tornado.

Thank you Wesspur! Image.jpg

1" block, 200' of 1" Stable Braid, and the xl Porty. And some 1" tennex to arrive later this week. I should be good on the heavy rigging for a while.

Good blocks are expensive. I was gonna pick one up for my rigging set, but I couldn't justify the cost for my potential(haven't even needed one yet) use.

Yea, I imagine they do when you're making your living with them. A lot of things make more sense when you're using them every day, even if it's just a quality of life improvement that makes life a little nicer while you work. I'd have liked to have gotten a Rock Exotica Transporter to clip my saw to my saddle, but $70 is a lot of money for a hack that doesn't even climb that much. Well worth it imo if you're in a tree every day. I settled for a blocky... Not sure what it is exactly. A biner with a camlock for people that don't want to learn a truckers hitch, and have $16 to burn :^D I lashed that to my saddle with paracord, and it works pretty well, but it isn't as nice as a Transporter.

That stuff will pay for itself in 1 or 2 trees, depending on what he had before. A big oak or cottonwood will be short work when you can drop pieces that weigh a ton and catch them. I've luckily never needed to catch stuff that big, but i don't do trees full time and have been lucky that i didn't get a monster right next to a driveway or over a deck (that i couldn't manage with a vertical speedline).

That it is. Anyone else love the smell of new rope? They should make an air freshener with that scent :^D My vertex helmet smells like that(rope) still, even after sweating in it. I'm gonna miss it when it loses that new helmet smell :^D

I bought that stuff for pulling with machinery. No way do I want to neg rig with that gear, the rope alone weighs 78lbs it was a bitch just setting it from the lift.

Thank you Wesspur! View attachment 96205

1" block, 200' of 1" Stable Braid, and the xl Porty. And some 1" tennex to arrive later this week. I should be good on the heavy rigging for a while.

Purely out of curiosity....why the XL Porty if your rigging stuff big enough to warrant 1" Stable's Braid? I prefer either my fixed bollard or the GRCS when rigging anything that big. That split second of tipping/catching large chunks puts a wallop on a porty when it's flopping around. I personally prefer a stable bollard for absorbing that much force.

Edit: Just saw the post about pulling with machinery.....I fully agree with Carl about using the Porty as a termination point. I was responding to the "I should be good on the heavy rigging for a while" statement. Heavy rigging (to me) implied lowering large stuff!

And the party can be used as a termination point on the rope to keep from being tied to something with a less favorable bend radius.

Xl porty is for attaching the rope to a machine. Better bend radius easier on the rope for hard pulls. I didn't buy it for rigging so much as pulling. I'd scared to rig that big. But you never know;)

Back