O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Been running mine with a 32" bar since before you came and visited. I think you probably ran it once or twice. Sweet saw with tons of power, blows away my MS660.

It came with the 36" bar... most likely gonna get the sugoi bar... as I can't help bending the bar every now and again...

Plus I hear they are light weight.... these Oregon bars are tanks...

Long may she serve you! Ours has been flawless, most dependable saw in the fleet. Time for a new chain cover, though.

Yep, those are heavy as heck.

Oregon makes a light bar now.
We are trying it out currently, to see how well they last.

Check my MS500i thread, I have one on the saw in the last pictures.

WAY cheaper than Stihls light bar, which is why we are giving them a chance.

I don't buy much gear but always wanted a foot ascender. Seems solid enough and so cheap I bought a telescopic baton as well. For the price I expected a flimsy POS but it's well built with enough weight to whip a bear in the nose should the situation ever come up.

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

I've always wanted a baton like that, tell us how you like yours

It's fairly compact with a holster you could wear on a belt. Took me a few tries to get the subtlety of getting it to retract. I probably would take it on a hike in bear country for peace of mind. Maybe the bear will choke on it while he eats me.

I've been wanting one for a long time, but nowhere to get then here.

Here they're legal to buy. But it's illegal to whallop someone with one. And if you carry one for self defence you will get eaten up by the law/courts if you use it. Best off to only have tools, not weapons at ones disposal. Then if an emergency arises and you use a tool for self defence, so be it. It wasn't a pre-meditated carrying of a weapon.

That's the only reason I don't carry one.

And the reason I have a beat up brass rod in the pocket of my driver's side door.

"I use that for banging on stuck bearing and such, officer"

Telescopic steel hood prop more reach than a baton and just as heavy.

I feel we have talked about this somewhere else :/: in another thread.

Bamboo 6-foot staff. I just use it for walking. There are at least three or four in the back of my truck some on each side for quick access when I need help walking.
:D

Or to use when searching for murder weapons. I used the staff today in a dive team mission search.

How's that for a freaking derail?

Attachments

• IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1479.jpg
    IMG_1479.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 37
Back