What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Every year for Christmas, my dad and stepmother would get a bunch of homemade tamales for us. THis year, the lady that would make them decided to retire. Well, my wife and I decided that it was too good of a tradition to let die, so we made them ourselves. We made 13 dozen - took half a day. Hopefully, we will get more efficient later on.

They were good though.

Make them yourself - you can add more meat so they aren't as dry. Actually, I don;t recommend that anyone do it - it's a pain in the ass.

i love homemade tamales! you really cant get fast at it, its a slow process. we had tacos tonight!!

Brought my hunny out to "The Melting Pot", I'm stuffed.

I LOVE that place. Haven't been in a while tho. The first 4 or 5 times I went, I was too stuffed for dessert. Then we started going JUST for the dessert. Yummy! :|:

Only the guys and me home tonight, Christmas Eve. I was busy baking and such so I told them they needed to fix dinner. They remembered some frozen Little Caesar's pizza leftover from a pizza & movie Scout night. Bleaghhhhhh!

I just found out a good combo though: good, soft black licorice and this white (blush?) wine.

Christmas Eve tradition with my family. Lobster,steamers,chowder and shrimp. Parents can be cool sometimes.;)

I was supposed to do clam chowder tonight and prime rib tomorrow. But I had to pick my girls at the hospital today and bring them home... So pizza worked for tonight :)
And beer of course :D

lemme see, tonight was leftover stuff, yesterday was baked ham and fixins, day before yesterday was lovely seafood and fixins, day before that was sausages and taters. Its been a good holiday season so far. :)

Rotisserie chicken, in my new kitchen cooking gadget. :|:

Attachments

• HPIM0775.JPG
    HPIM0775.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 7
What's everybody else having, Brett? That little bird looks like a nice meal for 2, but you'll need a bigger oven to cook for your tribe. :P

I'm having chicken as well, I grabbed a box of hot wings and a jug of iced tea from the grocery store deli. :)

we r going to make chicken satay with peanut sauce, rice on the side. Thai noodle salad on the other side. :)

What's everybody else having, Brett? That little bird looks like a nice meal for 2, but you'll need a bigger oven to cook for your tribe. :P

I'm having chicken as well, I grabbed a box of hot wings and a jug of iced tea from the grocery store deli. :)

That yard bird is almost 6 pounds. :|: It does look small in the picture, though. :?

chicken breast with lefty spicy peanut sauce mixed in to a mandarin thai noodle salad with lettuce and greens. :D mmm good!