What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Last night was Tikka Masala. Probably more of the same tonight. Nobody tell Rajan that I made the sauce out of a jar this time. It was just as good and took almost no time by comparison.

Kaveman is not a chef.
Kaveman sent first wife to fancy culinary school.
Kaveman may have married second wife on the quality of her cooking alone...
Kaveman now has to learn to cook, or find another woman...

A lot of jarred sauces are good. People talk about cooking down tomatoes, and the amazing pasta sauces they make from scratch. Yea, whatever. I just dump a jar in a pot, and it's done before the pasta's finished. I like it just fine. No time, no mess.

A lot of jarred sauces are good. People talk about cooking down tomatoes, and the amazing pasta sauces they make from scratch. Yea, whatever. I just dump a jar in a pot, and it's done before the pasta's finished. I like it just fine. No time, no mess.
Make a sauce from scratch?! Pffffffffffffttttttttt!!!!! Yeah, I'll take a hard pass on that. There are so many incredible pasta sauces that come in jars, like the kinds that has a four cheese blend in it. The convenience of jarred sauce is WAY MORE attractive than waiting for tomatoes to melt and buying other separate ingredients and I would need to look at some kind of recipe. Blechhhh. That would make my brain melt. So much wasted time.

I get that some people are into cooking, and that's totally respectable...but I don't understand the allure. I cook because I have to, because it saves money, because I can better customize my meals, etc. Not because I enjoy it. I do love grilling, though, and I'm extremely good at it as well. Something about a grill tickles my primitive instincts or something like that...not really sure what the psychology is behind that. Probably has something to do with the fire and flames.

Last edited: