What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Avocado= cheese? Hmmm.....

We buy cheese buy the pound. Mostly from the Tillamook Dairy. My wife cant cut a chunk off and eat it, but she can eat a cheese burger or use cheese in cooking. I love cheese, so do the kids. She tries to buy cheap cheese, but I tell her life is too short for cheap cheese.

Funny you said that about people needing to see someone else eating something before they will try it. Cows are the same way.

Put something new in front of a cow and they will stand there for an hour. Eventually one adventureous or slightly more intelligent cow will try it, find it delicious and give the other cows the thumbs up. Well, however a cow might give a thumbs up, I dont know. Maybe a special ear twitch.

Ha, funny. I knew long ago that there was something odd about this culture, but I never thought to associate it with cows. Highly interesting thought, thanks, Jim. I had a friend from East Germany, until he moved to Switzerland. He was always going on about the way they sell cheese here, couldn't come to terms with it. I think that they eat a lot of cheese where he grew up.

Is there a good way to measure the intelligence level of a cow, i mean a simple test? It seems like the more intelligent ones could be potential trouble makers. People that way here often get kicked out of school.

Yeah, the smart ones dont go down the alley way, wont go into the chute, walk across a cattle guard, remember an open gate, remember a hole in the fence.
The smart ones have a suprising memory.
No real test I know of. Just act differently.
The dumb ones get their head stuck in things, eat thing that will kill them, get run over, fall off of stuff, forget where they put their calf, try to steal a calf that is not theirs, fall down and get run over by other cows, go through the ice, disable the only water source, general nonsense you know.

We get good cheese from Oregon Butch. It is spendy. The cheap stuff is Western Family brand and only sorta resembles cheese. All the different types taste the same.
I guess I am a cheese snob!

Guys, just have to say that the "cow intelligence" subplot to this thread is hysterically AWESOME! :lol: :thumbup:

Eventually one adventureous or slightly more intelligent cow will try it, find it delicious and give the other cows the thumbs up. Well, however a cow might give a thumbs up, I dont know. Maybe a special ear twitch.

Is there a good way to measure the intelligence level of a cow, i mean a simple test? It seems like the more intelligent ones could be potential trouble makers. People that way here often get kicked out of school.

Yeah, the smart ones dont go down the alley way, wont go into the chute, walk across a cattle guard, remember an open gate, remember a hole in the fence.
The smart ones have a suprising memory.
No real test I know of. Just act differently.
The dumb ones get their head stuck in things, eat thing that will kill them, get run over, fall off of stuff, forget where they put their calf, try to steal a calf that is not theirs, fall down and get run over by other cows, go through the ice, disable the only water source, general nonsense you know.

Yes, learning about cows is fun. Cheap cheese, MB, probably means processed cheese. Processed cheese can be quite good if you smoke it. It's also easier to smoke than regular cheese, not nearly so inclined to melt if your smoke source is too hot. :/:

Chili is tomorrow night. We had two zucchini left over from the garden and the wife saw that somewhere. Tasted great but had to cut it up to eat it. Next time I'll just cube it and bake it with all the pizza stuff layered on top

Yep, when the kids are away and wife is gone, I make chili. I like it hot. They do not.

Same problem here.
Chiracha to the rescue.

We had black beab chili yesterday, mild for Maggie, covered in Chiracha for me.
Not the same as a truly hot chili, but it helps.

Today we'll have a Swiss/American conglomerate dinner.
Leftover black bean chili and mashed potatoes, with grated sharp cheddar cheese.
I just spent 4 hours on horseback, so I can eat anything as long as it hasn't got any daed critters in it.