What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Jeez, that looka tasty!
I just had some steamed broccoli with tofu blended with Sambal Oelek...................HOT!!

Stig that meal made me want to quit eating forever. Brocolli and tofu are two big no no's for me. I never got over my childhood aversion to cooked vegetables. I'll eat and enjoy any raw vegetable though. My cooked veggie aversion pertains mostly to green veggies (broccoli, green beans, spinach, peas, brussel sprouts). Im headed to the county fair to eat crap that will shave a year off of my life.

I had a friend that ate nothing but hard boiled eggs and broccoli. Not a pleasant person to be around, especially when drinking.

Hard to believe how one can justify county fair food so easily. "well, its only once a year." Yeah, but it lasts for a week. A broccoli and tofu cleanse may be in order.

I like broccoli, generally. Tofu, not so much, unless it is extra firm. I almost had a fried dough today, but didn't. Hard boiled eggs and broccoli? That's a nice balanced diet!

The blended tofu thing was something I though up one day.
Toss a pound of silken tofu in the blender with salt and lemon juice and a little cannola oil and you get a texture like mayonnaise.
Then one can add stuff to give it taste. I like a little Dijon mustard, that goes really well as a dip.
Toss fresh garlic in and you've got Aioli without the calories ( And dead chicken abortions!!!)
Yesterday I played around with a HOT version. Swear to god, there is no way one would guess it was tofu based.

This one will get you, haven't had it for years but I still got it right. Don't over cook it.

Lamb's fry and bacon, mashed potatoes, pumpkin and baby peas. http://www.goodfood.com.au/good-food/cook/recipe/lambs-fry-and-bacon-20131031-2wj44.html

Looked better than this but my camera was in the truck and it's cold out there.

lamb-fry-wide-620x0.jpg

Im back into the ketogenic way of eating, so bacon and eggs for breakfast, chicken gyro meat and chicken wings for lunch, pate and avacados for dinner... high fat! Lo Carb!

Double B's for me.
Bison burger and iceberg beer 25 000 year old water.
Sal water taffy for dessert

Attachments

• IMG_20140815_190220.jpg
    IMG_20140815_190220.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20140815_190159.jpg
    IMG_20140815_190159.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20140815_190251.jpg
    IMG_20140815_190251.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20140815_192611.jpg
    IMG_20140815_192611.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 22
Isnt any water that old? Matter is neither created nor destroyed. Ive thought over the age of water a few times in my life.

Ha Steve! That does look good, and after spending some time in New Zealand I can kinda dig some of those dishes. Ate a lot of Mince pies. Oh, and a lot of mutton.

Lamb's fry.......... I guess the apostrophe is important! We call lamb nuts cooked up for eating over here lamb fries. I looked at your picture and figures those were the biggest lamb nuts in the world!

Kangaroo burgers tonight. With some home brew beer made with good old Warragamba dam water.

burragorang-lookout-and-pa-02.ashx
6805135588_25fcfe03ff_z.jpg

Never tried lamb nuts and doubt I ever will. Used to eat brains sometimes but it's been a long time now, fried in egg & breadcrumbs. I think the nuts are done like that as well, but not for me.

Mutton is really hard to get here now.

Irish stew tonight, lamb not mutton. My own version, leg chops, celery, carrots, peas, onion, garlic, potato, turnip, (parsnips must be the "new" vegetable price is ridiculous) & secret herb mix.

Never tried wallaby, can get it but a bit expensive. Kangaroo steak is a bit like a beef & venision mix. Burgers, most people wouldn't know it wasn't beef really.