What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Tater tot casserole. I should make me some chili though. Only problem is that my kids inherited a distinctly New Zealand palate. I have to make two different chilis when I cook. Painful for me and kind of a tomato soup with onions and beans for the family.

No corn beef and cabbage eaters here? I had it last night, which was awesome, and leftovers tonight... Less than awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

$20 is about what they get around here. That's why I make it myself. I got a 4 lb corn beef brisket for $11, a head of cabbage for $. 99, baby reds for $3 and carrots we had. That's enough for 5 servings and leftovers to boot.

AND.... Mine tastes better :cool:

I get the briskets that are already brined and has a seasoning packet included. We add beer and seasoning when it's cooking and it has always turned out great. My buddy got a plain old brisket from the meat counter and he said it wasn't real good. Apparently the "corning" or brine is pretty important.

St Patrick's Day soup?8)

They taste much the same anyway.

What do you guys put in corned beef? I usually use: Malt vinegar, mustard powder, pepper corns, cloves and bay leaves. Plus some onion, celery and carrot. Old recipe, but it's pretty good.

Jamaican spice mix and red wine vinegar turns out ok as well.

Pretty much what you have in there. We have a mustard-pepper mix thing that we put in there. And a beer.

I like Indian as well. I've got a couple of things I'm going to try this week. Unfortunately, I'm not a from scratch cook yet, but I'd like to. Got to get a new stove soon, my old one just sort of stopped.

Yeah, you are probably right. But I did try it once. I will try it again in a town with a bigger Indian population.

It took me 6 Japanese beers to finish my meal the first time I tried Sushi.
I really liked the beer but was disappointed when I discovered it was made by Molson's of Canada.:)

I've never had Indian food.

Tonight I was in a (with green peppers, mushrooms and onions) cheesy toasted tuna fish sammich mood.

Took wife and the boy out for supper tonight. We went to a local pasta place called Antons (http://antonspastabar.com/). ate a big plate of food (Conchiglie Zio Carmelo) and took at least 2/3rd's of it home for leftovers. BIG portions and great food if you are ever in my neck of the woods. 20140322_175646.jpg 20140322_175655.jpg 20140322_183703.jpg 20140322_183728.jpg