What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

The show I remember was "'Yan can cook', because I used to come home and if the wife had it on I'd say, "You're watching Yan's a snook"? Probably after he got more popular and became wider syndicated, the powers that be changed the name to one less hokey.

Martin Yan is the one Jay & I remember. He started out on PBS in San Francisco I think. With a billion Chinamen in the world there was bound to be more than one Yan that thought he could cook!:D

I think Martin Yan was the guy! Right, Mike, he could really sling it with that wok of his, an excellent cook....but a lesser talent as a comedian. :roll:

I seem to remember him doing a cameo on Julia Child's show once. He really busted her up....hoho...haw through the entire program. I thought she might call him, "My adorable coolie"!

Working on some beef burgundy for tonight. Katy requested it. I had some beef scraps for rendering. Kinda going through the freezer as she wants to fill it up with other stuff. We have two freezers going anyway. I would rather it be down to one by winter.

Grilled a 4 rib roast for about 5hours today! It was sooo good, if I would have put it on my head, my tounge would have slapped me silly!8)

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    692.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    840.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    795.6 KB · Views: 6
Neither! Jerkin some buck meat with madrone now. Musta had a hankering to use the grill today!

That's making me hungry!
168.gif

Left overs here as well.

Secret chicken drumstick recipe and pizza.

But I'm working on this for tomorrow night. Did the first part in the oven while it was on, and get rid of a bit more fat by cooling overnight.

Probably rain again knowing my luck.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rt_yLN57E8Y?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rt_yLN57E8Y?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Had my dinner lastnight in my bur oak tree :D

Put my chicken burger in a container with an ice tea. Put them both in my pack and ate comfortably on a limb over looking the water :)

Left over curry.:(

As I predicted, no BBQ. That thing is a drought breaker.

The day I bought it was perfect day, blue sky and sun. Got it home, lit it up and the biggest storm in years just zoomed in on it.

I've never had curry in my life - I'm not even sure what it is. Oatmeal like? Immahaftagoogle!

Last edited:
Not like oatmeal that's for sure.

A bit hard to explain, lots of them. Indian mostly around here now, used to be Asian. Indonesian is HOT.

I've been cooking them for years, still haven't found the perfect one.

Actually I did once, but the rice wine I was adding made me forget.:|: