What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Butch, anything you eat, including meat will turn to glucose. It is a biological necessity. What you need to control is any excess glucose. You should be eating tons of greens along with meat, nuts, and eggs. Also, be aware that any food eaten in caloric excess can increase your blood glucose levels.

I'm not so sure of it at all, for certain he might well make a different choice...but if I was in Butch's boots, I rather expect I'd be eating any effin' thing I wanted, whenever and in whatever quantities.

I know this... Apple pie for dessert.
Sold a job today and there just happened to be a granny smith variety tree in the yard laden with fruit. Of course I asked permission. Custy was happy there was less weight on his limbs that were about to break. I am happy I am having fresh apple pie ala mode. :D

I understand, your life your rules. Just pointing out what I know. This, I believe, is a more realistic perspective.

Attachments

• thumbnail-1.aspx_.jpg
    thumbnail-1.aspx_.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 18
Idk if it's true or not, but I often hear/ read that cancer wasn't nearly as common in the days before refined sugar/ refined flour/ GMOs.

Butch, are you reading about gluconeogenesis and how it affects a keto diet? Glycogen takes a backseat as a fuel source once your body adapts to using ketones as a primary fuel.

You may be helping yourself tremendously with this diet. Let the cancer cells go hungry.

Basically doing baby food -- smushed up whatever. Nothing hard or crunchy for several days as the tooth sockets are healing up!

Just no straws yet either -- don't want to suck out the clots! Had to ditch the straw on my iced coffee today and just gulp it down. (Yeah, I know -- 28 degrees, iced coffee + tree work = puzzled looks from some.)

Probably better for the sockets than a hot drink though.

Think I'm gonna go buy some liverwurst after work in the morning. Haven't had it in years.

I've done Atkins before and sort of go back and forth with low-carb more or less.

But it seems (they say) the "Keto" diet is more advanced and "sustainable" and healthy.

Does anyone have any specific recommended online or book sources for getting started in Keto diet?

Netflix has a documentary about the keto diet called " The Magic Pill" . Lot of info about it, but it's heavily biased in favor of the diet, so you won't see much argument against it in that movie.

I can't believe how fast and easy the diet is for losing body fat.

I'm kinda disgusted by how much sugar I used to drink, and wonder if many folks would be healthier if we just stopped drinking calories and sugars.

I'm stocking up on plastic bags for the inevitable ban. I'll have a fortune stuffed away.

Does beer count as a sugary drink? If so this keto diet will never fly with me. :drink: