What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

:thumbup:

gained 6+ lbs since Christmas.... today bought several pastries from Panera Bread and some Ice Cream.

planning on having a frozen Angus burger from Sams tonight, followed by some ice cream and pastries.

giving myself until next Monday when I plan to get back to eating good (still drinking daily vegetable shake though)

need to go on Keto diet... maybe will do it...

I've been cheating since Christmas. I'm getting back to keto and some intermittent fasting tomorrow though. Another 15 lbs or so and I'll be at my goal of 185. I was 240 when I started the diet in September and I'm still floored by how easy it is with just a little planning and willpower.

Butch, are you sure you can't eat (e.g.) leafy vegetables? ... and what about mayonnaise? ... it is mainly eggs with no sugar isn't it?

Jim, you always have tasty looking food it seems!

Jonny, that is motivating!

I've been doing intermittent fasting for about 9 months... started eating from 11am to 7pm .... but for the past 2 or 3 months have only been eating from 3pm to 7pm.
I started at about 225 and (before Christmas) am down to about 210 ... been hanging around here +/- for 6 months or so.
So I think it's going to take low-carb/keto to get me past this..... my ultimate goal is 180

Yeah, Butch I've done serious low-carb before..... to me the first 3 days or so are the hardest... then the 1st week or 2 ... then it is easier to stay in the groove because I feel a lot better............ although just doing the intermittent fasting makes me feel pretty good too especially if I'm eating fairly health, which I haven't been for a couple of weeks.

hooray... it is after 3 now.... going to make my vegetable shake and eat some homemade roasted (baked in the oven in the shells) peanuts.

getting ready to go to steak place made out of timbers and thick sliced wood slabs for tables.

http://marshallsteakhouse.com/

going with our son and daughter-in-law... he's driving.

this will count as my wife and my anniversary celebration from a couple of years ago we never got around to.

might not go again (soon)... it is expensive (for me).

oatmeal_for_supper_20190102_172322_resized.jpg

Oatmeal (cooked 60+ minutes), butter, and honey -- had this for supper a few nights ago.
will have to give this up if I go keto... but it will be worth it.

well, 2 main reasons...

weight loss. I'm around 210 and would like to be down to 180
I think being lighter I wouldn't get so tired out working in the summer heat.
Also thinking health (all things being equal) ... better all around not to be carrying around 30 lbs (or so) of pure fat all the time!

But also I have noticed whenever I go "low carb" I feel a lot better, more energy, clearer head, etc., etc.

I'm not... really... sure.
My wife made it. It was pretty good. Just not sure what to call it. Casserole-esque?

I make it quite often.
Last time some of my wife's kids came up from Schweiz, they asked me to make " The soup you made last time":)