What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I used trim off my last deer and ground it with 50% pork shoulder. Off the top of my head there is mace, nutmeg, ground clove, garlic and pepper for the seasoning.

Stuffed in hog casings.

They are a little lean, thats why I decided to try braising them.

Next time I will try and get more fat in them so they will be better for grilling.

I'm sure this is lore of old, covered in the past many times over, but why do you refer to your Swiss wife as a mail order bride?

Because I imported her from Schweiz, of course.

I'll send you a link, easier than explaining the whole thing.

Cute story, in my youth I travelled with a Swiss gal for a couple of years.
We split up and didn't see each other for almost 40 years.
I always felt bad about that, she was the one I never should let get away, my Bobbie Mcgee.
Then one day I got a letter from her.
We hooked up again, fell heads over heel in love and have been together since.

Best thing that ever happened to me.

A keto taco bake casserole.
The " crust" is eggs, shredded cheddar, and cream cheese. Then seasoned ground beef and more cheddar.
Topped with whatever you like on tacos.

20181212_194123.jpg

It's official!!

You done bought a sideways phone!

Blank+_2623d4b9a1fc11b1199666748cf5e7b8.gif

Stig, that's pretty beautiful. I'm happy you guys got back in touch. I'll bet you're way nicer to her than you are to everyone else :D

It's a droid, Squisher, but makes sense to try that. I'm testing on my shower curtain. I've rotated and saved it rotated 90° before and still my pics are sideways.

20181212_235051.jpg

Attachments

• 20181212_234937.jpg
    20181212_234937.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 37
that keto taco casserole looks pretty good, Jonny.... got to try that if I try keto soon.

getting ready to go light the grill to cook some chicken thighs (bone-in, with skin) with store bought bbq sauce.

buckwheat groats browned and cooked on the stove with sharp cheddar cheese melted in.
then
corned beef and swiss sandwich on wal-mart rye bread
then
maybe some chocolate and/or Adkins low-carb bars.
and/or maybe
frozen blueberry and buttermilk shake/smoothie.

I tried the Atkins snack bars, and one will kick me out of ketosis for 2 days or so. Maybe sugar alcohols aren't exactly net carbs, gram for gram, but they are a hell of a lot more net than the packaging will lead you to believe.
Pretty damn tasty though.

I tried the Atkins snack bars, and one will kick me out of ketosis for 2 days or so. Maybe sugar alcohols aren't exactly net carbs, gram for gram, but they are a hell of a lot more net than the packaging will lead you to believe.
Pretty damn tasty though.

Jonny, you may have said before, but how many carbs to you eat a day approx to maintain ketosis?

Yeah, some Atkins bars have more sugar and sugar alcohols than others.
The Lemon Bars and the Caramel Clusters are some of the least.