What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

my theory about macdonald's distinct taste that makes it taste good is that they put extra sugar in everything.... the buns, the meat, the fries,etc. .... but I could be wrong.

Just show some documentation on that, we all may learn something. And meat doesn't need sugar to be tasty - trust me!

yeah, not based on anything except 2 anecdotal "facts"

1) people do add sugar in all kinds of things to enhance the flavor
2) it seems like macdonald buns have a sweeter than normal taste to them.

Now, let's see how long it takes before the naysayers start talking about how terrible fast food tastes... :/:

Nope, this naysayer simply wonders how y'all loving to brag it up about how much you can eat, fits with the problems most of you seem to have with overweight.

How was that for naysaying?

Yeah, hibernation is going to be a bitch.

Get my point, though?

Plenty of people eat at McD's here.

Last week I read an article that stated that Danes only spend about 15 minutes on cooking dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is an average.
Lots of people do pre-prepared stuff that only takes 15 minutes to heat up.

One company that delivers boxes of pre-fixed dinners to people said that they had realized that their customers felt that 15 minutes were too long, so they were working towards developing a package that took less than 10 minutes to heat and serve.

WTF?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I hope the climate change raises the sea level enough that all Danes drown, we are clearly not fit to live any more.

We have gone completely opposite here Stig.

Well, in my house. I enjoy cooking very much....and try to cook most things from scratch.

People are starting to eat better here....but they are still under the impression that they are busier than generations past.

One of my favorite things to do is cook a meal for my family.

Man, I cooked a chicken curry rice "mulligatawny" soup the other day. It had apples in it, carrot, onion, with heavy cream too.

Makes ya feel good.

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_mulligatawny_soup/

Nice, I'll try that , but without the dead hen.

I am not part of the "less than 15 minutes" group.

Since I can't clean to the mail order bride's standard, we have divided chores.
I make sure the house is heated; the whole firewood deal and keeping the furnace ceal and running good.
I also do all the shopping and cook every day.
I like cooking and see it as a way to show my wife that I love and treasure her.

So I put a lot of effort into cooking.

I never, ever use prefabricated stuff.
If I want to make spaghetti sauce, I'll damned well go out to the poly tunnel and pick the tomatoes and basil and slowly reduce it over a low fire fo hours.

So, yep, cooking a good meal makes you feel good.

Anyone else ever had these pickles? They'll change your life.
Ok not really but they're pretty awesome. I get them at work but I think I've seen them at 7-11.
20181211_093527.jpg

Sorry for the glare.