What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Sad to say - no, nor rice, pasta.

Meat, eggs, and cheese. You'll also need to but new clothes unless you dig that loose look.

I try to keep it under 25 grams net carbs a day. If I'm closer to zero at the end of the day I like to eat a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter. Not as much sugar as you might think and lots of good fat. Most beef jerky out there has more sugar per serving than peanut butter!

It is amazing that so many smart people don't understand how food works. Click onto some of the recipes in the header from this link. Not a boring way to eat.

"Fiber is technically a kind of carbohydrate in the biological sense. But because of the way the human digestive system works, you can’t break down fiber to get energy from it. Fiber passes through your stomach undigested until it hits your large intestine.

Most keto-friendly vegetables are high in fiber.
When fiber gets to the large intestine, things get a bit interesting. You can’t digest that fiber, but your gut bacteria can, at least for certain types of fiber. So fiber is essentially food for your gut bacteria, not for you.
Sometimes, the gut bacteria break down fiber and produce short-chain fatty acids (SCFA) like butyrate. You can digest some of those SCFAs, but those are fats, not carbs. So to the extent that you get any actual calories or nutrition from fiber, it’s actually fat, not carbs.
That’s why fiber doesn’t count as a type of carbohydrate. Assuming your gut bacteria are healthy, fiber will actually add a little bit of fat to your diet, not carbs."

https://paleoleap.com/net-carbs-carb-counting-everything-need-know-keto/

Yeah, it doesn't count towards net carbs. Broccoli and leafy greens are good on keto. I'm sure there's tons of other stuff low in net carbs.

Broccoli and leafy greens are good.

All cruciferous and green vegetables are really good for you. Most don't go down too well but you have to persevere. http://www.edinformatics.com/health_fitness/dark_green_leafy_vegetables.htm

You really need a lot for some things so there is a powder form, but you have to shop around a bit it can be a bit expensive. Spirulina, green barley and chlorella mix is pretty good.

Roo steak with baby potatoes, carrots and ironman spinach

from the garden tonight.

Not the roo, had to buy that.

Blue Cheese and Ranch dressings are both low in carbs.... if this counts as keto.

So that's the big deal about "gut bacteria"? .... eating sauerkraut(?) also low in carbs --- and yogurt (not low in carbs).

I don't put any sugar in when I make Blue Cheese dressing.

Maybe you mean " Store bought" dressing.

My point is, that a large key to eating healthy is to prepare stuff yourself instead of buying it pre-prepared.

hey Butch.... no sir, it may be full of all kinds of chemicals... but not much sugar (or carbs) in most/all store bought Ranch and Blue Cheese dressings.
.... usually 1 gram per serving (2 Tablespoons).

Getting ready to go eat this..... after I eat the rest of my steak from our birthday dinner last night at Longhorns
(ha, now this is lots of cheap sugar.... Bull's Eye BBQ sauce :) .... but it's good without it too)

chicken_on_the_grill_20181221_165613_resized.jpg