What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Burnham, that post absolutely made me drool............................apart from the dead chicken, of course.

I baked a spaghetti squash and served it with a salad of chickpeas, red onion, red pepper and sliced Kalamata olives.
Homemade pesto and crumbled organic Greek feta cheese on top.
An x-mas brew from our local micro brewery for the mail order bride completed it.

Yup. We most often use them to make guacamole. You must've had guacamole? That's avocado based. You can just slice them up and peel the skin off and put them on whatever though, or just eat them. Raw is how we always use them.

Goddamned weirdo meat eater.

Sorry, Butch, but really.
Here getting a good ripe avocado is a rare ting, you live right around where they originally hail from and have never had one.
Man, either you are having us all on, or you are one weird dude.

been putting at least 1/2 avocodo in my daily vegetable shake for a while now.
Sam's Club has them for about 5 for $4 I think.

Bought some corned beef, swiss cheese, and (wal-mart) Rye bread yesterday. Already have the sourkraut.
now going to look online and see how to make a Ruben sandwich for supper.

1000 Island dressing if you're an East Coaster, otherwise mayo+mustard works. Hadn't heard of it on a bun before -- always thought the rye bread was essential to the definition.

My mega alkaline smoothie: 1/2 an avocado, 1/4 cup coconut milk, almond milk, vanilla + green powder.

Are you getting Hass avocados from California? Your description sounds more like Florida avos or Reed avocados, or maybe some from Mexico without much oil content in them.

I baked a spaghetti squash and served it with a salad of chickpeas, red onion, red pepper and sliced Kalamata olives.
Homemade pesto and crumbled organic Greek feta cheese on top.
An x-mas brew from our local micro brewery for the mail order bride completed it.

Stig how do bake up your spaghetti squash? Do you scrape it out with a fork to make “noodles”? It’s been a few years since I’ve done that. Might have to try it again

So many excellent restaurants around that I usually avoid the chains (save for Texas Roadhouse), but I could really go for Red Lobster. The lobster bisque is hands down the best soup I've ever had. Garlic shrimp scampi is pretty good too.
If she ain't feeling it when she gets home I'm going without her :)

Stig how do bake up your spaghetti squash? Do you scrape it out with a fork to make “noodles”? It’s been a few years since I’ve done that. Might have to try it again

Cut it in half, scrape out the seeds, brush it with olive oil and place it cut side down on a baking tray.
45 minutes in the oven and it is good.

The above combination is from here: https://cookieandkate.com/2016/mediterranean-spaghetti-squash-recipe/

I use a lot of her recipes.
Crazy dog lady, but she sure can cook.

When I was there I'd make a Big Mac outta Quarterpounder meat and bread. I'm thinking an executive musta saw me and invented the Grand Mac.

Now, let's see how long it takes before the naysayers start talking about how terrible fast food tastes... :/:

Last night: Grilled wild caught Alaska salmon w/steamed sugar snap peas and carrots, non-Romaine :O salad on the side, homemade bread.