What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

We did the corned beef and cabbage dinner for 2nd time tonight. Two fundraisers. Tonight was for the hospital new building fund.

Attachments

• 20180317_203058.jpg
    20180317_203058.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 29
My wife is visiting the auld country, so I cook simple.

Fried a mess of last years grenn bean and a pound of tofu.

Used some HOT oil that my wife made for me.
A work mate of hers had grown some habanero chilies and was unable to eat them ( Danes, as a rule, don't handle the hot stuff well).
So she gave them to my wife , who soaked them in Rape seed oil.

That'll put a nice edge on fried stuff:D

Moose steak with pepper and onions on a sweet potato "bun". Buffalo brussel sprouts too. Trying to lose a few lbs eating low carb. Probably actually losing weight from no beer, but still pretty tasty.

812ea2ccc1c7ff2835715236b756d34e.jpg

Thanks Jim, if you cook them upside down like that you don’t have to worry about the fat dripping down and catching fire. :/:

I try to keep it light for supper -- so last night was just a salad with avocado, sprouts, and fresh mozz cheese. My metabolism does a whole lot better when I break it up into about 6 small portions spaced through the day, rather than 3 squares (3 squares make 1 round). Plus, I'm usually rushing out the door instead of sitting down for breakfast, and no time to stop for lunch while driving or on the job. Just a piece of fruit and an easy sammich for lunch (cut diagonally, of course).

Cheese fondue in the greenhouse.
There are certain advantages to marrying a Swiss woman:)

P1060159.JPG

Ain’t nothing wrong with that Jim. It’s 9pm and I haven’t had dinner yet. Ground some stumps and making a trip to the fridge before I finish loading a firewood delivery. I think there is a beef roast with all the fixings waiting on me.