What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Bob, I've done a few turns of KP duty in a few different restaurants, so it helps to have some 'sperience. That plus bachelor days of feeding myself and a creative streak help with culinary expression.

Salmon fillet, browned in a skillet a couple of minutes each side, then topped with a mixture of Dijon mustard and orange juice, then into the oven at 400 degree F for 10 minutes. My contribution.

Plated with a sauté of asparagus, shitake mushrooms, sweet red pepper, and jalapeno pepper. M handled this part.

T'was good, for certain :).

Cheezy Polenta and Ratatouille, with a salad of Kale, Cauliflower and chilies.

That added a lot to my carbon footprint.

Those look excellent, got me drooling.

Somehow my break from keto around the holidays turned into a couple months. Was hitting the sugar pretty hard, and gained 6 pounds.
So strictly back on it 48 hours ago.
Dinner was a big antipasto salad with bleu cheese dressing.

Marbled nicely those are. Made me hungry again. The wife and I were kid free last night so I grilled up a couple of T bones. Baked some asparagus that was marinated in Italian dressing and topped with Parmesan for the last few minutes of cook time. The steaks were topped with sliced portabella mushrooms and onions that were sautéed in butter and then melted some hot pepper cheese into them to make a nice tasty sauce. Gorged ourselves and went to bed early. I don’t know what was better. My dinner or the peaceful sleep

Tomorrow night I feast.
Tonight I start the slow cooker on low with a big chunk of beef, I forget the cut. Cup of water, cup of chardonnay, some green onion, sweet onion, garlic, Montreal seasoning, black pepper, crushed red pepper, salt, and 2 bay leaves.
Tomorrow morning 9am I'll add carrots and baby red potatoes and more onions. 3pm add baby Bella mushrooms, should be good eating by 6pm.

20190329_233700.jpg

Tonight ,baked potato with cast iron skillet fried chicken breast strips . I'm not too bad this stuff .Problem is I'm better at it than lady fair . I guess I'll have to teach her how to run a chainsaw and cut fire wood .--and that will be the day the sun rises in the west.

Fiesta

Wife went all out: chicken enchiladas w/homemade tortillas, chips & guacamole, homemade hot sauce & salsa, cheesecake w/berry sauce for dessert.