What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Arachnid, Justin...not an insect. Just sayin' :D.

Depends on the season as far as price goes here, Steve. I bought a nice batch of large and I mean LARGE Haas a few days ago for 88 cents each, USD. On sale for the Stupid Bowl Sunday celebrations :).

Commonly, from $1 to $1.50 each...USD. Smalls might be 20% less, on average.

You'd love doing palms then, that's only a little one.

They're pretty harmless but can bite, doesn't hurt much.

I did four cocos palms for a really good looking chic a couple of years ago, she bought the house of an old customer. Her boyfriend was there, real solid guy, looked like a wrestler. When I started loading he came out to help, lasted a couple of minutes until he saw the first one and took off. She came out to see what happened and he wouldn't come back through the gate, she couldn't believe it. If looks could kill he would have been dead on the spot.

It's a Huntsman by the way. https://www.backyardbuddies.org.au/backyard-buddies/huntsman-spiders

Spiders, ha.

When I applied for the job down the Snowy I didn't get it, he put on a team of big New Zealand guys. They lasted a few days, first snake they saw they were off. Dropped saws and ran.

I was there 2 years. Rarely see a snake with a saw going, if you do it's going away. Browns and Tigers down there. https://www.australiangeographic.co.../2012/07/australias-10-most-dangerous-snakes/

Seafood pizza tonight with some of my new Jalepeno's. Don't know what I'm going to do with them all.

No picture because I get strange comments on how organized they look.

Well, for them to see a snake would be like for you to suddenly be face to face with a Siberian Tiger at work.

( Which you'd probably love, but what can I say.)

You do realize there are no snakes on New Zealand, so it would be completely out of this world to them?

Just like you know what a Polar bear looks like.
Being face to face with it is something else.

A shitload of people are scared of snakes.
Seems to be one of mankinds most ingrown fears.

Then imagine never having seen one.

8y7uU7l.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20190213_180130.jpg

Oven fried chicken, chicken gravy, mashed potatoes and raw broccoli with cut up cucumbers.

The dressing is a ranch dip made with creme fraiche I make here at home.

It turned out well.

Recipe called for flour, paprika and salt and black pepper.

I added white pepper, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder.

I cooked a nice sirloin roast tonight. Poked a bunch of garlic cloves in it, rubbed some olive oil on it. Then sprinkled a kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and oregano topping on it. Nailed the doneness. Rarish, just the way we like it. My 14 year old daughter who these days seems to not be a fan of much I do exclaimed it may have been the best thing she's ever eaten. It was on sale too. So nothing extravagant $20cdn and we'll get the meat for two meals out of it.

We topped it off with smashed potatoes and red cabbage and some cucumbers.