What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Does!

Tonight I put a nice piece of salmon fillet on the smoker grill, cooked up some brown rice, and M made a fine salad...tomato, mushroom, spinach, cuke, sweet red pepper, avocado. Oil and vinegar dressing with garlic and parmesan cheese and some magic mixture of herbs she does from scratch.

It all went down just fine :).

Made Risotto with some Boletus edulis I dried last fall.
They really work great for that.

A couple of small ahi steaks, with a spicy dry rub, seared hot and fast and removed from the heat rare. Grits, double boiler slow cooked in milk, served with a bit of butter, salt, and fresh grated black pepper. Salad of ripe avocado, sweet grape tomatoes, cucumber, sweet red pepper, crimini mushrooms, and raw spinach dressed with garlic, parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.

Went down mighty well :).

Grits!
Guess you can take the boy out of the South, but you can't take the South out of the boy.

random-shite-2017-05-18-06.jpg

Grits is good Southern food, true enough. But it's just new world polenta, so maybe I'm safe from pigeon-holing :D.

Stig will not find tonight's main dish appealing...pork chops on the smoker, steamed brown rice, and a fine salad that's a replay of my last post :).

Most of the rest of you will drool, I suspect. By all the omnivorous gods, it was delicious.
:D