What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I'm eating the holy shit outta meat... I recently discovered the joys of a butcher shop. I've never been in one in my life - I'm finding out what I've been missing! Gonna hit them up tomorrow, again... They have fresh raw and cooked!

Inspired by Jim and the fact that I just got a large chunk of Gruyere from Schweiz; Potatoes Dauphinoise.

This is a heavy duty dish, so here is a simple tip to all those of you who are following weird diets in order to lose weight:

When eating a calorie heavy dish like this; SIMPLY EAT LESS OF IT!

Was that some ground breaking stuff or what.

So I was not the only one eating West African Peanut Soup? Weird!

Robert, that sounds like a great goal. I can't imagine trying to carry a 30 pound insulated body suit on me while working, especially climbing, especially in southern heat and humidity, and I'm relatively young. CoolVests FOR THE WIN. NOBODY makes good decisions when overheated. Might have saved an insurance claim, so you can say they are too expensive, but they aren't.

It is still sitting on top of the oven, waiting to go in.

The mail order bride works nights this week, so she sleeps till 9.30 PM.
Then I'll have dinner ready when she wakes up and once we've eaten together, she'll go to work and I'll go to bed.
Weird, but it works for us.

I told her I was going to make Potatoes Dauphinoiese and she just said: " Ah, Ofen Härdöpfeln".
Turns out it is a common dish in Schweiz.

. NOBODY makes good decisions when overheated. .

I think my South African partner, Richard, might disagree with that.

He is more like; NOBODY makes good decicions when they are cold.

Jim, being a vegetarian, I make damned sure to keep my fingers out of the mandolin.

Jim, the Potatoes Dauphinoise were really fine.
Too much liquid, though, but that was my fault.

Once I had assembled everything, I thought the water level was a bit low, so I added some milk................mistake.

I'll just have to try again.

The mail order bride really went to town on it, so in that way, it was a success.

I can't imagine trying to carry a 30 pound insulated body suit on me while working...

Eh, you get used to it :D. Climbing it certainly sucks, but I've learned to use the extra body mass to help with certain tasks. I have lost about 7 pounds since I've been home tho, which is a good thing. And the wife and i have started talking about possibly going keto, so there's that... i graduated high school at 180, i would imagine 190 is about the lightest i would ever go, and I'm 209 now. 200 would probably be a happy medium. I eat like nobody's business when I'll working hard everyday tho, not doing so I'm completely gassed and struggle to keep up the pace

M picked up a nice sized Dungeness crab, fresh from the Oregon coast fishery that had delayed opening for a couple of reasons, but is now in full swing.

I made fresh homemade fettuccini pasta, she made fresh homemade alfredo sauce, and we both picked crabmeat. All together...sweet gods, that is food to die for :D.

The local Sporting Clays place does this thing once a month called Steaks & Clays; you shoot 50 rounds on the sporting clays course and then have a big dinner. One hundred people attended this afternoon. Dinner was awesome! Started with elk chili topped with cheese and sour cream for an appetizer. Main course was a grilled 18 ounce ribeye steak with twice-baked potato, corn, and asparagus. Dessert was cheese flan and rice pudding. Three beers to wash it down. Oh, and I had a salad in there somewhere too.