The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

I don't get it. You can buy a new shopping cart for $99-200 and you can even buy a cart corral for $1K. But this specifically mentions operating cost, which is probably a few cents per day since you probably only have to lube the wheels up evey few months after cleaning the grit and crap out of each wheel's axle, Maybe you spend a few cents per day sanitizing each cart at the end of a shift or end of a supermarket day. The cost of attending to a fleet of carts and moving them around is maybe a few people making minimum wage, but we're discussing one cart.

Three people seemed to understand this joke, but it went over my head. Can someone explain it to me, please? I promise I'm not being a dick. I just don't get it and need help. I'm sure there's some nuanced humor involved here.

Last edited:
I don't get it. You can buy a new shopping cart for $99-200 and you can even buy a cart corral for $1K. But this specifically mentions operation cost, which is probably a few cents per day since you probably only have to lube the wheels up evey few months after cleaning the grit and crap out of each wheel's axle, Maybe you spend a few cents per day sanitizing each cart at the end of a shift or end of a supermarket day. The cost of attending to a fleet of carts and moving them around is maybe a few people making minimum wage, but we're discussing one cart.

Three people seemed to understand this joke, but it went over my head. Can someone explain it to me, please? I promise I'm not being a dick. I just don't get it and need help. I'm sure there's some nuanced humor involved here.
Costs the most to fill the shopping cart. That's the premise of the joke.

I just don't agree with it, and am grateful to live when and where I do, a place where it's never been more affordable to eat better than royalty.

But folks get off on whining I think. That and they don't accept history. Because it happened to other people before they were born, they can't conceptualize it.

Costs the most to fill the shopping cart. That's the premise of the joke.

I just don't agree with it, and am grateful to live when and where I do, a place where it's never been more affordable to eat better than royalty.

But folks get off on whining I think. That and they don't accept history. Because it happened to other people before they were born, they can't conceptualize it.
Oh, that's lame. I don't have a car, so the most expensive vehicle that I could operate would be a motor vehicle since I have to put gas in it and get oil changed, wash it, tune it up, etc. A shopping cart, I pay zero on operating costs because I don't own it and just use it to move shit around in the grocery store. Poorly worded joke.

Back