The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

And then I show up with the large sewer machine to clear the main of paper towels. Kleenex can cause a nasty clog as well. Most of you probably already know but those flushable wipes aren’t so flushable. Older systems can catch much of what’s put down them.
Tampons, bane of residential plumbers...

Glad I'm out of that business, although, I would be busy right now..

And then I show up with the large sewer machine to clear the main of paper towels. Kleenex can cause a nasty clog as well. Most of you probably already know but those flushable wipes aren’t so flushable. Older systems can catch much of what’s put down them.
Well, it was a bit of a joke.

There's a sewer outlet in my back yard, it blocked up after I moved in about eight years ago, five times in a few months. I'm the only one here and it's the end of the line.

Rang the council and they came straight out. First time they put a big truck mounted eel down and everything was right for a while. Next three times they just plunged it. Then the big eel again and amongst other stuff a band aid and some corn floated out.

I said that's not mine and I got "that look", nice guy but I don't think he believed me. Anyway I rang his boss and said this is costing you a lot of money as well as stuffing me around and he said "ok, I'll sort it out."

Next afternoon a guy turned up and said they'd be digging tomorrow. Some of those trees will have to go and we'll have to dig up part of the driveway. I'd just done the last slab for my truck.

I said don't you think you'd better put a camera down first, the line doesn't go that way it goes to the other side. And see that clump of palms a few houses down, that's what'll be causing it. Camera next day and never saw them after that.

Outlet is just behind that fence behind the little shrub and goes right to a man hole in the next yard, not to the one across the street.

Attachments

• 20200822_152222.jpg
    20200822_152222.jpg
    955 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200331_130616.jpg
    20200331_130616.jpg
    994.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back