The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

Burnham, I recall the instant acceleration as much as the sound of the three side-draft SU carbs on my ‘62 XKE when they were well-synced. Likely nowhere near the power of a turbocharged XKR, but still was the best thrill as a 17 year old.

Gentlemen, those are British cars. The only motor vehicles Britbongland has to be proud of, came with this bage. 08 Triumph smile line.jpg

You may now continue to discuss kitty cars.

You've obviously never heard of HRD Vincent and Brought Superior.
The only thing Triumphs were good for, was making whipped cream.
Outstanding at that, though.

Last edited:
The Brits made some decent stuff in the past, but a combination of superior foreign competition (notably from Japan in the case of motorcycles) and union disputes in the 70s meant the end of large scale british designed and built motor manufacturing.
Very sad.

I remember you said had a white 850 Commando.
I sold mine (having hardly used it in all honesty) to pay a deposit on a house on the coast.
No regrets, as mid life crises go it was inexpensive.

Which is why people used the Norton "Featherbed" frame to stick Vincent and Triumph engine into.
Best frame one could get at the time.

" Norwin"

Shit, I just realized that I turned Kaveman's Triumph into a motorcycle thread.

Sorry, cars never did much for me, so when I saw the Triumph logo, I immediately thought of motorcycles.

Well, DerailsRus.

Maybe...but Kave is talking Triumph...and Triumph never built a production automobile that even approaches the overall performance of my 24 year old XKR :).

For sure not.
My BMW can hold you on the straights, but in the curves you just have too much rubber on the road.
Found that out when I raced a Porsche through Susten Pass in Schweiz 3 years ago.
In the curves I couldn't hold him, but as soon as we came on a level stretch, I blew his doors off.
Rinse and repeat for about 30 minutes.
It was late evening so we were pretty much the only ones on the road.
Great fun.
He came up from behind, going fast and I just wanted to see if I could hold him.
When we came to Andermatt, where I was staying, I let him slip by and raised a hand in goodbye.
He gave me a wave and a big grin as he passed.
One of my best runs in Schweiz.

Almost on par with driving Furka Pass just after sunup and passing a silver gray Aston Martin DB6.
That was out of this World.
(They were doing some promo for a James Bond movie, I passed the film crew further up)

Back