The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

What is the consequence when people are not following procedures?

I heard, at a conference, probably, that training isn't enough. Performance testing, signed and dated, of demonstrating driving procedures is what you want if you want to CYA in a commercial traffic accident.

Zinan, the sticker is worthless since 90% of the warnings are stuff you aren't going to check daily anyway. If they would eliminate the clutter like checking lug nut torque and other stupid crap and limit the sticker to things you actually need to check, it might help. A simple list like
1. Are safety chains connected?
2. Is the electric plug connected?
3. Is the breakaway wire connected?
4. Is the hitch secured?
5. Is the safety pin inserted in the hitch?
6. Is the tongue jack raised and secured?

Some brainiac should design an ignition interlock for the towing vehicle. You have to push a different button at each step on Brian's list, located at the place you have to be to do that thing, before you can start the engine.

Of course, that would generate more effort being put into bypassing the interlock than in performing proper hookup procedures :D.

What is the consequence when people are not following procedures?

I heard, at a conference, probably, that training isn't enough. Performance testing, signed and dated, of demonstrating driving procedures is what you want if you want to CYA in a commercial traffic accident.
I can't do any consequences till I get my own house and buy out the company, it'll end bad if I do anything other than say "hey you forgot to latch the coupler"
Zinan, the sticker is worthless since 90% of the warnings are stuff you aren't going to check daily anyway. If they would eliminate the clutter like checking lug nut torque and other stupid crap and limit the sticker to things you actually need to check, it might help. A simple list like
4. Is the hitch secured?
I agree, but atleast there's something that I can point at when done incorrectly and say "there's literally a sticker less than 2 feet from the hitch that instructs you how to do it"

I can't do any consequences till I get my own house and buy out the company, it'll end bad if I do anything other than say "hey you forgot to latch the coupler"

I agree, but atleast there's something that I can point at when done incorrectly and say "there's literally a sticker less than 2 feet from the hitch that instructs you how to do it"
You're in a tough spot, Zinan. Be patient and it will work out.

ive caught it a few times before leaving the yard, I always do a walkaround
ive also put a tree in the chipper and it fell right off the pintle, pintle never got shut but the jack was folded up, chains and lights hooked up
ive been told (I wasnt there) that the bend in the chipper chute was from the train tracks a mile away, the bump made it fall off an obviously open pintle hook, made the half hour drive here and fell off a mile before the shop

only damage has been the chipper chute deflector, rest have been near misses
all something that would get you wrote up and or fired at any big company like Monster or Davey, cant fire my dad just yet (I probably would have, purely off his trailer issues)

for now he is banned from connecting trailers alone, for any reason, he can connect it but not move it till someone looks it over, he also makes assumptions a lot which doesnt help

4. Is the hitch secured?
Who reads the stickers anyway?

Back