The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

We have insurance for that.
When you get your new hearing aids, you can pay somewhere near $100 for the insurance and they will replace one lost hearing aid for free.

Only one, so if some senile duffer can't remember , where he put them, he is out of luck.

Burnham, I paint mine schocking pink with nail polish.
Makes them WAY easier to find when I drop one outdoors.

B, didn’t some regulation get abolished to bring to cost down? Maybe, if you have to replace them, they will be cheaper? At that price though, they should last a lifetime. Providing you don’t misplace them :)
Some sort of regs about no longer needing a prescription to get them, I think? I could have that wrong. Didn't make sense to me, because you don't need a prescription to get them to my knowledge. If I did, I was not aware of it. Not sure how that sort of change might lower cost much anyway. A few gold-plated health insurance policies cover some or even most of the cost, but most do not. Not mine.

Life expectancy is 5 or maybe 7 years, I was told when I bought mine. Mostly beyond that repairs get untenable because the manufacturers quit making parts, and have moved on to newer models with better tech changes.

I guess you guys wear hearing aids cause of chainsaws? Seems like no one wore hearing protection back in the day.

For most of my working life I did use hearing protection, but not 100%. There are times when I felt I needed to be able to hear some feedback from the tree as the cut progresses. Before my working life with the USFS, I ran chainsaws a bit without plugs or muffs, but I wasn't cutting much at all in those years.

I was a competitive shotgunner in my teens and early 20's. Never wore hearing protection, and I fired many many thousands of rounds of 20, 16, and 12 gauge over a tenish year period. Chainsaws didn't help, but I expect the shooting is the root cause of my partial deafness now.

Last edited:
Back